GETTING TO KNOW EVERYONE

anonymous

Hi everyone,
I have a two year old boy Joseph W/O Cf and a 3 mth baby Ruby with CF......
I live in the UK in a city called Hull...in East Yorkshire...My husband Nathan works for an Engineering company and i am a Police Officer. I am suppose to be going back to work in January but to be honest i dont think i will. The Dr's say there is no reason not to go back but it is such a demanding job which will always come second to my children....
We had a tough tough first 2 months with Ruby she had M/I and had to have surgery straight away....she then had an illestomy for 1 and a half mth....and went back in for surgery.......3 ops later she is now back home........You wont believe how relieved we were to see Poo!!!!!
WE had to wait 1 month for Rubys results.......via a blood test.....We then had to wait a week for Joes sweat results which came back negative......Thank God!!!

.....I am still struggling with this disease but i just love reading all of the entries ,. its just great.....Nathan is so so supportive and that really helps..

This has just changed me completely....I cherish every moment i have with my family...
Joe loves his little sister and constantly wants to give her kisses....usually with a snotty nose..Arggghhh...

WE have just bought a caravan so we can go away at the weekends and enjoy every moment with each other.....I would like more children but have to look at the options.....I dont feel strong enough to think about having another child with CF..but i dont want to rule out the possibility of Rubes having a little bro or sister to boss about..Ha Ha
Rubes is doing just great...She is on all the right Med and i am lucky she was caught earlier so she hasnt experienced some of the other problems mentioned......
However, when she sneezes or coughs (which is not often....but just like when she clears her throat....) she does sound chesty...and at the moment when she crys her throat sounds sore...we have all had a cold so i think it is just viral...but it does make you panic..I am at our clinic next Fri so i will ask...

i send love to you all and Heres for a brighter tomorrow...
Paula (unable to login at the MO...)

anonymous

Hi. My name is Amy and I have two little girls. Allie is 3 1/2 and has CF and Betsy is one without CF. We live in NC and I'm a stay at home mom. We had a terrible time getting Allie diagnosed. She had constant bellyaches and was on the potty all day but her doctor insisted she was fine. Even though she was never on the growth curve. Anyway, she was finally diagnosed after having a rectal prolpase. And the timing was awful. I was in the hospital giving birth to Betsy when Allie suffered her rectal prolapse and got the diagnosis. I hated being away from her when I found out the news. We were discharged from one hospital with Betsy and went straight to another hospital to learn our new lifestyle. It's been a year now and we have adjusted. It's great meeting all these new moms going through the same things we are. It's hard but I am so grateful for everything that we have and the fact that I have been able to stay at home with my daugthers. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.