Gifts to your Dr.'s after transplant

Lamp

I want to do something nice to show my appreciation for the help my sisters doctors have given her. I thought maybe giving them a card would be good, but it doesn't really express how grateful I really am!! Its seems so little after giving her a double lung transplant! Maybe I'm just being silly...and of course nothing I'm ever going to do will fully express how we all really feel. Or repay by any means. But have any of you done something for your surgeons after transplant? Or have any ideas?

I'm going to repost this in transplants as well but thought I'd give ya'll a shot as well.

Thanks for any ideas, I'm stumped!

Lamp

I want to do something nice to show my appreciation for the help my sisters doctors have given her. I thought maybe giving them a card would be good, but it doesn't really express how grateful I really am!! Its seems so little after giving her a double lung transplant! Maybe I'm just being silly...and of course nothing I'm ever going to do will fully express how we all really feel. Or repay by any means. But have any of you done something for your surgeons after transplant? Or have any ideas?

I'm going to repost this in transplants as well but thought I'd give ya'll a shot as well.

Lamp

Lamp

Lamp

<br />
<br />I'm going to repost this in transplants as well but thought I'd give ya'll a shot as well.
<br />
<br />Thanks for any ideas, I'm stumped!

Transplantmommy

I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't given my surgeons anything. It's not that I don't appreciate the work that they do, but I just don't think I would be able to give them anything that would show how much appreciate their work. Not only that, they probably got a pretty hefty paycheck from my transplant. LOL...don't think I'm cold hearted...that was a joke!

Anyway, my lung and liver surgeons are so busy that I have not even seen either of them since my transplant 3 years ago!! I have tried to see the lung surgeon, but he has either been in surgery or busy with other patients. I have stopped in to see one of the surgeons on the liver team, but he's not the one who performed my liver transplant. I can tell you, that it was enough for him just to see me and see how well I was doing!! That is probably the best gift of all!

Transplantmommy

I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't given my surgeons anything. It's not that I don't appreciate the work that they do, but I just don't think I would be able to give them anything that would show how much appreciate their work. Not only that, they probably got a pretty hefty paycheck from my transplant. LOL...don't think I'm cold hearted...that was a joke!

Anyway, my lung and liver surgeons are so busy that I have not even seen either of them since my transplant 3 years ago!! I have tried to see the lung surgeon, but he has either been in surgery or busy with other patients. I have stopped in to see one of the surgeons on the liver team, but he's not the one who performed my liver transplant. I can tell you, that it was enough for him just to see me and see how well I was doing!! That is probably the best gift of all!

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />Anyway, my lung and liver surgeons are so busy that I have not even seen either of them since my transplant 3 years ago!! I have tried to see the lung surgeon, but he has either been in surgery or busy with other patients. I have stopped in to see one of the surgeons on the liver team, but he's not the one who performed my liver transplant. I can tell you, that it was enough for him just to see me and see how well I was doing!! That is probably the best gift of all!

Lamp

I totally agree with you Patti!! And I got your joke, I'm pretty sarcastic myself so it was funny!!

Lamp

I totally agree with you Patti!! And I got your joke, I'm pretty sarcastic myself so it was funny!!

Lamp

Lamp

Lamp