Girl Question......boobs

anonymous

Hey Girls,
Ok, I have a huge problem here. I am having severely painful nipples. I don't know why. I have just changed meds to Effexor, Wellbutrin, (both for depression) and then they put me on Zithromax 500 daily for 5 days for bronchitis. Is there a possibility that meds could be making me feel this way. I mean, if I even bump my nipples, it's PAINFUL! I've never felt like this before.
I'm kind of afraid about pregnancy. Do pregnant women feel like this in the beginning? I have no idea.
Please help!

anonymous

sore painful nipples can be a sign of pregnancy. Missed period is the obvious sign though. I'd take a test if there is anyway you could be preganant, because, though I think zithromax and wellbutrin are well tolerated for pregnancy, other meds might need to be adjusted.
wanderlost 28 w/CF

HollyCatheryn

<P>Is your pain solely in the nipple/areola area? Usually newly pregnant nipples and areolas are hypersensitive, but there is also usually breast ternderness accompanying. Is the nipple/areola skin chapped looking? That could be a sign of thrush. It isn't common for a non-lactating woman to get thrush on her breasts, but it is possible. Even a low dose of Zithromax can have antibiotic effects on the body and yours may be reacting with yeast overgrowth. If you notice yeast in other areas, this might clue you in. If you suspect yeast, try the topical yeast overgrowth treatments on <A href="http://www.geocities.com/MurrensNatureMama">www.geocities.com/MurrensNatureMama</A>. It could also be related to hormone fluctuations other than pregnancy. Sometimes a long-awaited period can cause very tender breasts. If you aren't pregnant, it isn't yeast and you don't shortly get your period and notice relief, check with your Family Practitioner, midwife or ob/gyn and see if they can help you figure out the cause. </P>

anonymous

If it's yeast, I like a dose or two of Diflucan. My docs usually give me a few pills just in case when I'm on antibiotcs for a few weeks.

I'd take an otc pregnancy test to rule that out.

Debbie
24 w/ CF

anonymous

My boobs hurt so bad when I was newly pregnant I thought I was going to die!
It wasn't so much sore nipples as it was my entire breast felt so sore and it lasted 3 to 4 months

WinAce

(1) I may as well admit that I just HAD to look at this topic.
(2) I'm revealing that not because I'm a perv--although I am--but because I had pain in the nipples, myself (as well as a couple of cysts, only one of which remains after stopping the corticosteroids). Are you on any steroids, right now? Is there a <i>female</i> CF doctor you could consult? (It can be embarrassing explaining this to some old geezer, obviously...)

anonymous

My 13 year old daughter is having alot of pain in her nipples as well. Her physician has told her that it is related to a surge in her hormones because she is going through puberty.

anonymous

I'm not on Steroids. But as far as the hormone thing, I just changed my antidepressant meds....and I know that has to do a lot with my horomones being out of whack. I did a preg. test and it's negative (my husband was thrilled may I add). So I guess I'll just wait to see when my period starts which should be around the 13th of next month. thanks for all the advice !

-Original Poster