glucerina shakes/snacks

ej0820

Hey guys!

I recently posted something asking about what those of you that have cfrd do when you're on prednisone. I'm having such bad sugar spikes that swallowing air seems to put my blood sugars into the 400s. I'm very insulin resistant while on prednisone.

I've always been curious about the Glucerina shakes and snack bars in the diabetic aisle at the grocery store. I'm not on any other kind of dietary shake and don't need them for weight. However, I tend to run out of the house in the mornings without breakfast and every intention of picking up lunch somewhere which also doesn't always happen. I know I need to stop that and I've tried protein shakes/bars in the mornings but they jack my sugars way up...especially on prednisone. The glucerina stuff is supposedly a different "class" of carbs (more complex) that are intended to reduce blood sugar spikes while still providing nutrition. I'm considering trying these and just want to know if any of you guys have had any experience with them? Do they work? Do they really not spike sugars as much as a regular protein supplement? Do they taste ok?

Thanks!

ej0820

Hey guys!

I recently posted something asking about what those of you that have cfrd do when you're on prednisone. I'm having such bad sugar spikes that swallowing air seems to put my blood sugars into the 400s. I'm very insulin resistant while on prednisone.

I've always been curious about the Glucerina shakes and snack bars in the diabetic aisle at the grocery store. I'm not on any other kind of dietary shake and don't need them for weight. However, I tend to run out of the house in the mornings without breakfast and every intention of picking up lunch somewhere which also doesn't always happen. I know I need to stop that and I've tried protein shakes/bars in the mornings but they jack my sugars way up...especially on prednisone. The glucerina stuff is supposedly a different "class" of carbs (more complex) that are intended to reduce blood sugar spikes while still providing nutrition. I'm considering trying these and just want to know if any of you guys have had any experience with them? Do they work? Do they really not spike sugars as much as a regular protein supplement? Do they taste ok?

Thanks!

ej0820

Hey guys!
<br />
<br />I recently posted something asking about what those of you that have cfrd do when you're on prednisone. I'm having such bad sugar spikes that swallowing air seems to put my blood sugars into the 400s. I'm very insulin resistant while on prednisone.
<br />
<br />I've always been curious about the Glucerina shakes and snack bars in the diabetic aisle at the grocery store. I'm not on any other kind of dietary shake and don't need them for weight. However, I tend to run out of the house in the mornings without breakfast and every intention of picking up lunch somewhere which also doesn't always happen. I know I need to stop that and I've tried protein shakes/bars in the mornings but they jack my sugars way up...especially on prednisone. The glucerina stuff is supposedly a different "class" of carbs (more complex) that are intended to reduce blood sugar spikes while still providing nutrition. I'm considering trying these and just want to know if any of you guys have had any experience with them? Do they work? Do they really not spike sugars as much as a regular protein supplement? Do they taste ok?
<br />
<br />Thanks!