Glyconutrients

cfgirl2008

I just stubbled on this information about it, has any ever heard of it or tryed it? It says that glyconutrients can help CFers with improving lung symptoms and improved digestive symptoms.

tiffany 15 w/cf

miesl

Personally - I think it's a load of bull due to the fact they won't get set-up for a clinical trial with the CFF.

If you want to read a huge discussion - it's <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=3138">in the Families forum</a>

Faust

Could someone give me a quick summary what it's all about and the details? I'm way tired and cant deal with reading much now.

anonymous

Guy who owns the company is a crook and has cheated many before in other ventures (lost in court and a proven fact). The company that publishes "scientific articles" is owned by a wife of one of the top guys making money from this scam. They do not even make the "nutients" just market the stuff. Filing with the FCC claims they have no proof or evidence the nutrients do anything and may harm the person taking the suppliment.

CF 55 TX cepacia

jfarel

I'm trying them. They help my appetite and seem to make my mucous
thinner. I've gained about 6 lbs. Also, while I don't know if they
cure cf I have friends who swear by them. One who had cancer. He's
also seen great results w/ glyco's and other illnesses.

Scarlett81

I think that particular company is totally a greedy load of crock too. BUT-I do think that glyconutrients can help if you take them in separate form. Instead of one of those multiple things. I've found more help in taking separate amino acids-like Mannose, Fucose, Lipoic Acid-mostly for my liver.
I try to view these things as supplemental. B/c none of this stuff is a miracle cure.