Go to the White House Website

Giggles

So if the govt does not get their act together by the 24th we may not get our social security checks. I went to the White House website and you can email Obama. I also went to my states representative in congress's website and emailed that person too!  I emailed him about what CF is, how it affects me and I need to keep my SSDI check coming in! Maybe we can make some noise!<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>

Giggles

So if the govt does not get their act together by the 24th we may not get our social security checks. I went to the White House website and you can email Obama. I also went to my states representative in congress's website and emailed that person too! I emailed him about what CF is, how it affects me and I need to keep my SSDI check coming in! Maybe we can make some noise!<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>

Giggles

So if the govt does not get their act together by the 24th we may not get our social security checks. I went to the White House website and you can email Obama. I also went to my states representative in congress's website and emailed that person too! I emailed him about what CF is, how it affects me and I need to keep my SSDI check coming in! Maybe we can make some noise!<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>

my65roses4me

Dear Mr. President, I heard you say you will not guarantee SS checks if the debt ceiling isn't raised. Why is it the scare always has to do with SS, Medicare, & our Soldiers pay? Why not stop your own pay or all of Congress to save much more money for our country? Why use the Seniors, Soldiers, & our Needy as examples? Take the money from those who take no risks and reap the benefits! Repost if you agree.

my65roses4me

Dear Mr. President, I heard you say you will not guarantee SS checks if the debt ceiling isn't raised. Why is it the scare always has to do with SS, Medicare, & our Soldiers pay? Why not stop your own pay or all of Congress to save much more money for our country? Why use the Seniors, Soldiers, & our Needy as examples? Take the money from those who take no risks and reap the benefits! Repost if you agree.

my65roses4me

LouLou

Could you provide me with a link about this possible cut? I couldn't find anything on CFF.ORG or with a general google search of SSDI or SSDI Obama. Thanks!

LouLou

Could you provide me with a link about this possible cut? I couldn't find anything on CFF.ORG or with a general google search of SSDI or SSDI Obama. Thanks!

LouLou

Giggles

I do not have a link. All I did was google: emailing Obama. And that got me to the White House Website where I sent a letter to him. I also googled who was my congress rep and sent an email to him. I basically explained what CF was, how it affects me and then said I can not afford to have my SSDI check taken away. I have enough to worry about I can not fight the fight for CF to find out I can not pay for my meds! I was dramatic. HA HA<br>

Giggles

I do not have a link. All I did was google: emailing Obama. And that got me to the White House Website where I sent a letter to him. I also googled who was my congress rep and sent an email to him. I basically explained what CF was, how it affects me and then said I can not afford to have my SSDI check taken away. I have enough to worry about I can not fight the fight for CF to find out I can not pay for my meds! I was dramatic. HA HA<br>

Giggles

Printer

I don't want to get political here but it is the Republican Congress that you need to contact (Tea Party). We are not only talking about a loss of SS and Medicare, we are talking about a SHUTDOWN of the federal goverment.

The problem is that we need a bill (that by law must originate in the House of Representatives) that would extend the debt ceiling for the debt that we HAVE ALREADY OCCURED.

Email the SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

As you may guess from my age, I need my SS check too.

Bill

Printer

I don't want to get political here but it is the Republican Congress that you need to contact (Tea Party). We are not only talking about a loss of SS and Medicare, we are talking about a SHUTDOWN of the federal goverment.

The problem is that we need a bill (that by law must originate in the House of Representatives) that would extend the debt ceiling for the debt that we HAVE ALREADY OCCURED.

Email the SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

As you may guess from my age, I need my SS check too.

Bill

Printer

<br />
<br />The problem is that we need a bill (that by law must originate in the House of Representatives) that would extend the debt ceiling for the debt that we HAVE ALREADY OCCURED.
<br />
<br />Email the SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.
<br />
<br />As you may guess from my age, I need my SS check too.
<br />
<br />Bill

serendipity730

Well put, Printer! It is the Republicans who are holding up the raising of the debt ceiling. So, while there is nothing wrong with emailing the president, you could definitely email Cantor and Boehner (and your own congressmen).

serendipity730

Well put, Printer! It is the Republicans who are holding up the raising of the debt ceiling. So, while there is nothing wrong with emailing the president, you could definitely email Cantor and Boehner (and your own congressmen).