Going crazy!!!

ktsmom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>worriedmom</b></i>

They did the sweat test at JSMUC. We live in NJ..it is about 30 min from us. The tech that performed the test said they do about 4-5 per day. I'm new to this so I don't know if that is alot or not and she seemed like she was pretty knowledgable during the test.</end quote></div>

Yes that is enough, in my mind, that they know what they are doing.

Also regarding your question about the genetic testing - Ambry Genetics does a test called the CF Amplified which is the full testing (someone correct me if I'm wrong, please). Testing for the most common 32 will not catch all of the mutations as there are over 1500 or so.

W

worriedmom

Thanks for all of the info everyone..I will definately take it with us to the dr appt on Wed.. Hopefully, he will be receptive to the bloodwork being ordered right away. Thanks again for all of your kind and supportive words...they are greatly appreciated!!

W

worriedmom

Thanks for all of the info everyone..I will definately take it with us to the dr appt on Wed.. Hopefully, he will be receptive to the bloodwork being ordered right away. Thanks again for all of your kind and supportive words...they are greatly appreciated!!

W

worriedmom

Samsmom

Wow!! I have been so emmersed in reading that with my last post I realized the date had changed!!! Maybe that means it's time for bed. Anyway, worriedmom, the waiting is really the worst part. Ambry Genetics does the CF Amplified like someone (sorry, can't recall name) stated before me. They test for 1500 known mutations-1500, that's a huge difference. I would insist on that genetic test if one is done. The symptoms you described sound a lot like cf, but I'm no doc. Don't give up until you feel satisfied that you have an accurate diagnosis for your child. If it does turn out to be cf, come back here for all the friends and support you could ever need!!! I'll keep you in my thoughts, and good luck.

Samsmom

Wow!! I have been so emmersed in reading that with my last post I realized the date had changed!!! Maybe that means it's time for bed. Anyway, worriedmom, the waiting is really the worst part. Ambry Genetics does the CF Amplified like someone (sorry, can't recall name) stated before me. They test for 1500 known mutations-1500, that's a huge difference. I would insist on that genetic test if one is done. The symptoms you described sound a lot like cf, but I'm no doc. Don't give up until you feel satisfied that you have an accurate diagnosis for your child. If it does turn out to be cf, come back here for all the friends and support you could ever need!!! I'll keep you in my thoughts, and good luck.

Samsmom