Going to UNC next week

JennifersHope

I am both excited and nervous and sort of like who gives a crap all at once but I am going to UNC next Thursday for a consult on my DF508/Q1330E mutations or mutation or whatever it means.

I am so hoping for answers. The team seems really nice there. I love my team at MUSC, just Dr Flume doesn't exactly know what to do with me and if my gene is in fact a CF disease causing gene or not. I am doing great since stopping working, minus sinus infections and getting sick if I work. I am going to go with it isn't.!!

Anyway after my appointment at UNC I am finally going to get to talk to me team in Charleston to discuss a game plan from here.

Anyone go to UNC?

JennifersHope

I am both excited and nervous and sort of like who gives a crap all at once but I am going to UNC next Thursday for a consult on my DF508/Q1330E mutations or mutation or whatever it means.

I am so hoping for answers. The team seems really nice there. I love my team at MUSC, just Dr Flume doesn't exactly know what to do with me and if my gene is in fact a CF disease causing gene or not. I am doing great since stopping working, minus sinus infections and getting sick if I work. I am going to go with it isn't.!!

Anyway after my appointment at UNC I am finally going to get to talk to me team in Charleston to discuss a game plan from here.

Anyone go to UNC?

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />I am so hoping for answers. The team seems really nice there. I love my team at MUSC, just Dr Flume doesn't exactly know what to do with me and if my gene is in fact a CF disease causing gene or not. I am doing great since stopping working, minus sinus infections and getting sick if I work. I am going to go with it isn't.!!
<br />
<br />Anyway after my appointment at UNC I am finally going to get to talk to me team in Charleston to discuss a game plan from here.
<br />
<br />Anyone go to UNC?

JennifersHope

They didn' tell me who I would be seeing, so far I have talked to Kathy Honeker(Sp) and Dr Boucher, Dr Boucher I guess is the head of research there. He has been the one sending me emails back and fourth but he is going to be out of the country when I come. He said they will discuss my case as a team and probably run some novelty testing.

I am staying in their version of the Ronald Mcdonald house on Wed and my appointment is Thursday morning, I am deathly afraid I am going to get lost and never find the place, it looks so huge.

JennifersHope

They didn' tell me who I would be seeing, so far I have talked to Kathy Honeker(Sp) and Dr Boucher, Dr Boucher I guess is the head of research there. He has been the one sending me emails back and fourth but he is going to be out of the country when I come. He said they will discuss my case as a team and probably run some novelty testing.

I am staying in their version of the Ronald Mcdonald house on Wed and my appointment is Thursday morning, I am deathly afraid I am going to get lost and never find the place, it looks so huge.

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />I am staying in their version of the Ronald Mcdonald house on Wed and my appointment is Thursday morning, I am deathly afraid I am going to get lost and never find the place, it looks so huge.

JennifersHope

I am not looking to leave my CF center I go to, I love the team there, it is just that it has been several months and we have not moved forward with doing anything. So I decided to get a second op, to see if they can help shed some light into the situation.

I am sure that my doctor is right in Charleston so I don't know why I am going, but I think it is important so that someone else with this same odd gene doesn't have to go through what I am going through...

JennifersHope

I am not looking to leave my CF center I go to, I love the team there, it is just that it has been several months and we have not moved forward with doing anything. So I decided to get a second op, to see if they can help shed some light into the situation.

I am sure that my doctor is right in Charleston so I don't know why I am going, but I think it is important so that someone else with this same odd gene doesn't have to go through what I am going through...

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />I am sure that my doctor is right in Charleston so I don't know why I am going, but I think it is important so that someone else with this same odd gene doesn't have to go through what I am going through...

jaimers

Super Moderator
I go to UNC and am from chapel hill although i live in greensboro now (about 1 hour away). pm me if you want and i can give you my cell number in case you get lost and want some help. kathy is AMAZING. and Dr. Boucher is great. sometime's his "bedside manner" is a little gruff and he can kind of come off as grouchy but I've known him for years (my mom worked in cf research with him after i was diagnosed at 3 months old) and he's absolutely who you want to be on your case. the man's mind is phenomenal. I'm excited for you and hope you get some answers!

jaimers

Super Moderator
I go to UNC and am from chapel hill although i live in greensboro now (about 1 hour away). pm me if you want and i can give you my cell number in case you get lost and want some help. kathy is AMAZING. and Dr. Boucher is great. sometime's his "bedside manner" is a little gruff and he can kind of come off as grouchy but I've known him for years (my mom worked in cf research with him after i was diagnosed at 3 months old) and he's absolutely who you want to be on your case. the man's mind is phenomenal. I'm excited for you and hope you get some answers!

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator
ok so i just re-read you're post. i'm going to be there thursday as well. cool! are you going to the adult clinic in the ACC or are you meeting them somewhere else?

jaimers

Super Moderator
ok so i just re-read you're post. i'm going to be there thursday as well. cool! are you going to the adult clinic in the ACC or are you meeting them somewhere else?

jaimers

Super Moderator

S

semperfiohana

i won't be there until dec 2nd. and wll probably have a picc placed. i see dr.donaldson now. i'm not sure i've met dr. boucher. if you are going to the acc, which i would assume you would be. it's not connected to the actual hospital. just as an fyi for ya.

S

semperfiohana

i won't be there until dec 2nd. and wll probably have a picc placed. i see dr.donaldson now. i'm not sure i've met dr. boucher. if you are going to the acc, which i would assume you would be. it's not connected to the actual hospital. just as an fyi for ya.