Good ENT in Dallas (DFW) Area?

origen

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good ENT doctor in the Dallas (DFW) area that is familiar with Cystic Fibrosis? I have seen a couple of the Doctors over at UT Southwestern's ENT department, but so far I have not been too happy. One of them told me that Sinus Surgeries are overdone. Well I don't think he understands my CF. I've already had one and it messed my sinuses up for the past 15 years - I have had NO sense of smell or taste for the last 5 plus years. I'm looking for someone to help fix them and not just say "Do NeilMed and squirt Flonase up your nose".

Thanks!

origen

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good ENT doctor in the Dallas (DFW) area that is familiar with Cystic Fibrosis? I have seen a couple of the Doctors over at UT Southwestern's ENT department, but so far I have not been too happy. One of them told me that Sinus Surgeries are overdone. Well I don't think he understands my CF. I've already had one and it messed my sinuses up for the past 15 years - I have had NO sense of smell or taste for the last 5 plus years. I'm looking for someone to help fix them and not just say "Do NeilMed and squirt Flonase up your nose".

Thanks!

origen

Hi all,
<br />
<br />Does anyone know of a good ENT doctor in the Dallas (DFW) area that is familiar with Cystic Fibrosis? I have seen a couple of the Doctors over at UT Southwestern's ENT department, but so far I have not been too happy. One of them told me that Sinus Surgeries are overdone. Well I don't think he understands my CF. I've already had one and it messed my sinuses up for the past 15 years - I have had NO sense of smell or taste for the last 5 plus years. I'm looking for someone to help fix them and not just say "Do NeilMed and squirt Flonase up your nose".
<br />
<br />Thanks!

crazycurly92

Omg you just described my situation to the tee. I also live in the Dallas area and go to Medical City over on Forest (off of Central). I have been looking for a good ENT all my life. They don't understand that we need frequent sinus rinses and surgeries to make sure that our lungs are kept in good shape as well. I am actually having this problem now. I have had a terrible sinus infection and recently lost my sense of smell and taste also but my dr. refuses to put me under to do the surgery. He also says its 'overdone' and tells me to just rinse it out. Uhhhh yaaa okay how bout you trying rinsing out our cement like mucus with a little squirt bottle. It just doesn't work that way. Gahhhhh sorry for venting and having no real answer to your problem but at least your not alone.

And if you find one please let me know!!

-Ashley
18 w. cf

crazycurly92

Omg you just described my situation to the tee. I also live in the Dallas area and go to Medical City over on Forest (off of Central). I have been looking for a good ENT all my life. They don't understand that we need frequent sinus rinses and surgeries to make sure that our lungs are kept in good shape as well. I am actually having this problem now. I have had a terrible sinus infection and recently lost my sense of smell and taste also but my dr. refuses to put me under to do the surgery. He also says its 'overdone' and tells me to just rinse it out. Uhhhh yaaa okay how bout you trying rinsing out our cement like mucus with a little squirt bottle. It just doesn't work that way. Gahhhhh sorry for venting and having no real answer to your problem but at least your not alone.

And if you find one please let me know!!

-Ashley
18 w. cf

crazycurly92

<br />
<br />And if you find one please let me know!!
<br />
<br />-Ashley
<br />18 w. cf

origen

Thanks Ashley for the response! It is good to know that I'm not the only one in this predicament. I will definetly let you know what I find out from my research of doctors.

You said you go to Medical City? I didn't know there was a CF doctor over there? Or is your ENT over there? Who is your CF doctor? You can PM me if you prefer. I'm going to the adult clinic down at Children's medical center with Dr Rosenblatt.

Thanks!

origen

Thanks Ashley for the response! It is good to know that I'm not the only one in this predicament. I will definetly let you know what I find out from my research of doctors.

You said you go to Medical City? I didn't know there was a CF doctor over there? Or is your ENT over there? Who is your CF doctor? You can PM me if you prefer. I'm going to the adult clinic down at Children's medical center with Dr Rosenblatt.

Thanks!

origen

<br />
<br />You said you go to Medical City? I didn't know there was a CF doctor over there? Or is your ENT over there? Who is your CF doctor? You can PM me if you prefer. I'm going to the adult clinic down at Children's medical center with Dr Rosenblatt.
<br />
<br />Thanks!

M

mneville

I can relate although in my son's case (he's only 5) he is about to undergo his 6th sinus surgery next month! That was a good description of cement like mucus! We do adult rinses every day since age 1 but the rinses cannot wash out the gluey mucus that is stuck in his cheek sinuses, forehead sinuses and behind his eyes. He just had 2 surgeries within 3 months, a month of IVs and 4 months later his CT scan is a disaster- every sinus is packed again.

We've been to 3 ENTs and they all agree that nothing else can be done- we try rinses, steroids, sprays, sinus nebs, mucus thinners but for some reason his sinuses are just that horrible. His mood definitely reflects it. He can't express himself that well yet but can you tell me how you feel when you can tell your sinuses are packed??

Megan

M

mneville

I can relate although in my son's case (he's only 5) he is about to undergo his 6th sinus surgery next month! That was a good description of cement like mucus! We do adult rinses every day since age 1 but the rinses cannot wash out the gluey mucus that is stuck in his cheek sinuses, forehead sinuses and behind his eyes. He just had 2 surgeries within 3 months, a month of IVs and 4 months later his CT scan is a disaster- every sinus is packed again.

We've been to 3 ENTs and they all agree that nothing else can be done- we try rinses, steroids, sprays, sinus nebs, mucus thinners but for some reason his sinuses are just that horrible. His mood definitely reflects it. He can't express himself that well yet but can you tell me how you feel when you can tell your sinuses are packed??

Megan

M

mneville

<br />
<br />We've been to 3 ENTs and they all agree that nothing else can be done- we try rinses, steroids, sprays, sinus nebs, mucus thinners but for some reason his sinuses are just that horrible. His mood definitely reflects it. He can't express himself that well yet but can you tell me how you feel when you can tell your sinuses are packed??
<br />
<br />Megan

robert321

Well, I soppose I could recommend the ENT that decided all my problems (pre diagnosis) were because my tonsils needed to come out and that even though the full panel of allergy tests came back negative, I'm allergic to something. Other than that I don't know anyone lol. If you find someone in the area, hang on and don't let go, then tell me where I can find the guy!

robert321

Well, I soppose I could recommend the ENT that decided all my problems (pre diagnosis) were because my tonsils needed to come out and that even though the full panel of allergy tests came back negative, I'm allergic to something. Other than that I don't know anyone lol. If you find someone in the area, hang on and don't let go, then tell me where I can find the guy!

robert321

Liza

Will check with my husband and see who he thinks would be good. Will get back or have him sign in.

I find it hard to believe that UT SW doesn't have an ENT they recommend.

Hey Robert, have you needed ENT since diagnosis? I'd think Cooks would send you to someone that knows CF. Like someone there at Cooks.

Liza

Will check with my husband and see who he thinks would be good. Will get back or have him sign in.

I find it hard to believe that UT SW doesn't have an ENT they recommend.

Hey Robert, have you needed ENT since diagnosis? I'd think Cooks would send you to someone that knows CF. Like someone there at Cooks.