Good ENT in Dallas (DFW) Area?

Liza

Origen, I was just remembering, the docs have had Anna, (aka countrygirl) irrigate with Tobra before. She also had an ENT at Stanford that had her irrigate with an antibiotic as well but I can't recall what it was as that was over a year ago now. She wasn't having any problems then and her sinus' actually looked good for CF sinus' he said.

My husband has replied and I think he sent a link to his friend.

Just a little background info. since you are relatively new. My husband is a ENT PA., retired USAF. Those that have been here for a few years may remember. I only drag him onto the boards when an ENT question comes up.

My girls haven't been to Cooks since they introduced the adult clinic. Maybe Robert 321 has transitioned.

Do you currently go to UT SW for adult care? Is that a part of Dallas Children's adult clinic?

Hope you find an ENT that works with you.

Liza

Origen, I was just remembering, the docs have had Anna, (aka countrygirl) irrigate with Tobra before. She also had an ENT at Stanford that had her irrigate with an antibiotic as well but I can't recall what it was as that was over a year ago now. She wasn't having any problems then and her sinus' actually looked good for CF sinus' he said.
<br />
<br />My husband has replied and I think he sent a link to his friend.
<br />
<br />Just a little background info. since you are relatively new. My husband is a ENT PA., retired USAF. Those that have been here for a few years may remember. I only drag him onto the boards when an ENT question comes up.
<br />
<br />My girls haven't been to Cooks since they introduced the adult clinic. Maybe Robert 321 has transitioned.
<br />
<br />Do you currently go to UT SW for adult care? Is that a part of Dallas Children's adult clinic?
<br />
<br />Hope you find an ENT that works with you.

origen

Hey thank you all. I just saw Doctor Thrasher today and I really liked him. He was a really nice guy, explained thourougly to me what was going on inside my sinuses, showed me the video of the inside of my sinuses (where the problem areas are, etc), and made recommendations on what my options are. He spent a good 45 minutes with me. He is having me start to irrigate with a mixture of tobramycin, an anti-fungal, and pulmicort. If that doesn't help enough, he is willing to try surgery and said that surgery now is much less invasive than it was in 1996.

As a side note, he said that ENTs back in 1996 did some strange things that we would not think of doing now, probably all with good intensions, but it probably contributed to the problems I have had the last 10 years or so. I kind of already knew that, but it was nice to FINALLY feel validated.

Also, when I told him Flonase did nothing for me, he acknowledged that he can believe it. That's why he jumped right to doing the rinses with the above coctail. Also, he is having me include 1/4 tsp of Baby shampoo in my first rinse in the morning. Sound strange, but hey, what the heck!

Anyways, thank you so much!!! I really appreciate the recommendation. I will keep you updated on my status.

origen

Hey thank you all. I just saw Doctor Thrasher today and I really liked him. He was a really nice guy, explained thourougly to me what was going on inside my sinuses, showed me the video of the inside of my sinuses (where the problem areas are, etc), and made recommendations on what my options are. He spent a good 45 minutes with me. He is having me start to irrigate with a mixture of tobramycin, an anti-fungal, and pulmicort. If that doesn't help enough, he is willing to try surgery and said that surgery now is much less invasive than it was in 1996.

As a side note, he said that ENTs back in 1996 did some strange things that we would not think of doing now, probably all with good intensions, but it probably contributed to the problems I have had the last 10 years or so. I kind of already knew that, but it was nice to FINALLY feel validated.

Also, when I told him Flonase did nothing for me, he acknowledged that he can believe it. That's why he jumped right to doing the rinses with the above coctail. Also, he is having me include 1/4 tsp of Baby shampoo in my first rinse in the morning. Sound strange, but hey, what the heck!

Anyways, thank you so much!!! I really appreciate the recommendation. I will keep you updated on my status.

origen

<br />
<br />As a side note, he said that ENTs back in 1996 did some strange things that we would not think of doing now, probably all with good intensions, but it probably contributed to the problems I have had the last 10 years or so. I kind of already knew that, but it was nice to FINALLY feel validated.
<br />
<br />Also, when I told him Flonase did nothing for me, he acknowledged that he can believe it. That's why he jumped right to doing the rinses with the above coctail. Also, he is having me include 1/4 tsp of Baby shampoo in my first rinse in the morning. Sound strange, but hey, what the heck!
<br />
<br />Anyways, thank you so much!!! I really appreciate the recommendation. I will keep you updated on my status.

Liza

I am so glad you saw Dr. Thrasher and that you liked him! Shoulda had you tell him Anna said hi. I think he'd have been surprised. Although my husband did talk to him before posting his name on here.

I hope you get some results. It sure sounds like you're at least heading somewhere.

Liza

I am so glad you saw Dr. Thrasher and that you liked him! Shoulda had you tell him Anna said hi. I think he'd have been surprised. Although my husband did talk to him before posting his name on here.

I hope you get some results. It sure sounds like you're at least heading somewhere.

Liza

<br />
<br />I hope you get some results. It sure sounds like you're at least heading somewhere.

M

MiddleAgedLady

Dr Gamble in Plano is also good. He's familiar with CF. And the CF clinic in Dallas had referred me to Dr. Barbara Schultz at UTSW, whom I liked very much.

M

MiddleAgedLady

Dr Gamble in Plano is also good. He's familiar with CF. And the CF clinic in Dallas had referred me to Dr. Barbara Schultz at UTSW, whom I liked very much.

M

MiddleAgedLady