Good ENT in Dallas (DFW) Area?

Liza

Will check with my husband and see who he thinks would be good. Will get back or have him sign in.
<br />
<br />I find it hard to believe that UT SW doesn't have an ENT they recommend.
<br />
<br />Hey Robert, have you needed ENT since diagnosis? I'd think Cooks would send you to someone that knows CF. Like someone there at Cooks.

SRains24

I would have to recommend Dr. Michelle Marcincuk. She just did my sinuses last month while I was in the hospital. Amazing person!

PM me and I'll send her contact info.

SRains24

I would have to recommend Dr. Michelle Marcincuk. She just did my sinuses last month while I was in the hospital. Amazing person!

PM me and I'll send her contact info.

SRains24

<br />
<br />PM me and I'll send her contact info.

CountryGirl

Hey Mom I was thinking Dr. Thrasher...we'll have to PM you the info. He used to work with my dad and he's seen me once or twice.

CountryGirl

Hey Mom I was thinking Dr. Thrasher...we'll have to PM you the info. He used to work with my dad and he's seen me once or twice.

CountryGirl

origen

Thank you all. Yes, please PM me any ENT doctors you recommend in the area. I live in Plano, but I'm willing to go over to Cooks in Fort Worth if you have someone there you recommend.

Juat curious, does anyone go over to Cooks for their Adult CF clinic? How is it? PM me if you prefer.

Thanks!

origen

Thank you all. Yes, please PM me any ENT doctors you recommend in the area. I live in Plano, but I'm willing to go over to Cooks in Fort Worth if you have someone there you recommend.

Juat curious, does anyone go over to Cooks for their Adult CF clinic? How is it? PM me if you prefer.

Thanks!

origen

<br />
<br />Juat curious, does anyone go over to Cooks for their Adult CF clinic? How is it? PM me if you prefer.
<br />
<br />Thanks!

origen

Oh also, I don't know that I can say with certainty that there is no one good at UT Southwestern. It may just be that I haven't yet seen the good one(s) that are there. The two I have seen so far have said surgery is overrated and just use NeilMed and some variant of Flonase. Well that hasn't worked for the past 10 years, so I think it's time to try something new.

Thanks!

origen

Oh also, I don't know that I can say with certainty that there is no one good at UT Southwestern. It may just be that I haven't yet seen the good one(s) that are there. The two I have seen so far have said surgery is overrated and just use NeilMed and some variant of Flonase. Well that hasn't worked for the past 10 years, so I think it's time to try something new.

Thanks!

origen

<br />
<br />Thanks!

CFDadof2

I've just emailed a friend of mine and he should be able to help. In the meantime, nasal saline irrigation and nasal steroids are a mainstay. It can't be over emphasized especially post surgically. It won't cure sinusitis but it can delay or lengthen time between surgeries. Good allergy treatment is important but it's difficult to identify the specific culprit. Even if you have a skin reaction to a substance there's no guarantee that that's the offending agent. So, even though it's not what most want to hear... irrigate, irrigate, irrigate. Then irrigate some more.

Sonny

CFDadof2

I've just emailed a friend of mine and he should be able to help. In the meantime, nasal saline irrigation and nasal steroids are a mainstay. It can't be over emphasized especially post surgically. It won't cure sinusitis but it can delay or lengthen time between surgeries. Good allergy treatment is important but it's difficult to identify the specific culprit. Even if you have a skin reaction to a substance there's no guarantee that that's the offending agent. So, even though it's not what most want to hear... irrigate, irrigate, irrigate. Then irrigate some more.

Sonny

CFDadof2

<br />
<br />Sonny

CFDadof2

Dr Rich Thrasher is an ENT located in McKinney, TX. He has experience with CF and did his residency at Denver Children's and National Jewish which have robust CF clinics. His clinic web site is below. He's a good guy.

www.entTX.com

CFDadof2

Dr Rich Thrasher is an ENT located in McKinney, TX. He has experience with CF and did his residency at Denver Children's and National Jewish which have robust CF clinics. His clinic web site is below. He's a good guy.

www.entTX.com

CFDadof2

<br />
<br /> www.entTX.com

Liza

Origen, I was just remembering, the docs have had Anna, (aka countrygirl) irrigate with Tobra before. She also had an ENT at Stanford that had her irrigate with an antibiotic as well but I can't recall what it was as that was over a year ago now. She wasn't having any problems then and her sinus' actually looked good for CF sinus' he said.

My husband has replied and I think he sent a link to his friend.

Just a little background info. since you are relatively new. My husband is a ENT PA., retired USAF. Those that have been here for a few years may remember. I only drag him onto the boards when an ENT question comes up.

My girls haven't been to Cooks since they introduced the adult clinic. Maybe Robert 321 has transitioned.

Do you currently go to UT SW for adult care? Is that a part of Dallas Children's adult clinic?

Hope you find an ENT that works with you.