Good news

W

welshwitch

No news is good news…..just a general note to peeps on here how I'm doing. 35 years old (gonna be 36 in Nov, eek!) PFTs at 95 % and climbing, just signed up for a half marathon, working full time, living with a wonderful and accepting boyfriend, life is good. Feeling grateful.

That is all <3

liveitup

That is awesome!!! Is this your first half? I only ever ran one half marathon, and it was the best race of my life (1:38:01 - OH YEAH!!!)! I think I was 31 when I ran it. Training is going to make your pft's go up!!!!

I'm 36 :), and I feel better than ever!

W

welshwitch

Thanks! I've done a bunch of half marathons, but kinda fell off the wagon in the last year or so. Always said it has to be my #1 extra activity. Excited and I will keep you all posted on my time :)

ethan508

How many days a week do you run when training? Do you have a specific training plan that you feel works specifically well when trying to balance all the rest of life and CF?

W

welshwitch

I'd say 2 to 3. Runs at night after work and then maybe a long run on the weekend (increasing as I get closer to the event). Marathon training while having CF and a full time job is tough, but I just make it a priority! Having a deadline (i.e., the marathon!) is a great motivator! And more than marathon training/muscle building/fitness, it's a big hug for my lungs and a big f-you to CF! ;)

Y

yellowroses87

This is awesome news!!! I've been reading these discussion boards for a few years now but have never actually interacted on it. Your post made me smile to see someone SO HAPPY and also thriving as much as you are! Well done. I'm close in age to you, a little younger, and when I see posts like yours it inspires me even more to be in the position you are in when I'm your age. Would love to start a PM convo about some things I think could be helpful to talk to someone like you about. :)