Got a note to lower my hours..

Bozo

Ok my doctor gave me a note that tells my working management. That I will only be able to work 8 hours a day and 5 day a week. That would shorten my work load by 8 hours per week.. The problem is I dont know how to bring this up to my boss. The boss knows that I have CF and I have been at the dealership for 7 years now..I know they can not fire me but, they can do other things to make it hard for me to stay..Advice is needed

Giggles

I do not have any great suggestions it is a really tricky situation. Although, I would hope after 7 years of being at your job they would be really understanding, but I find the dollar talks louder. I hope it works out for you!

I noticed you are a real estate investor. My husband is a branch Manager and does mortgages. Where do you invest??? Do you have a lender your work with? We also are real estate investors, although have not did much lately because of the market.

Jennifer 34 years old with CF and CFRD

anonymous

I invest in Toledo Ohio.. Yes at this time I do have a Loan Officer but ,im holding off 2x the houses on the market. This area in not doing very good : ( I do like to go to creonline.com one can get so much info..Good luck Mark

Ricky

As long as you can fullfill you working commitments while having your hous cut your boss should have no problems.

anonymous

I tend to approach it with the idea that by lessening my hours it will reduce how often I have to call in sick etc. That way at least everyone will know when i will be in and when I won't. Actually making me a more reliable employee.

There is nothing more aggravating then having someone scheduled not be able to show up, but if you know not to schedule them - no problem. if you are a good employee I would think they would do their best to accomodate..good people are not so easy to find.

littledebbie...not logged in

littledebbie

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>amy</b></i>

Why can't they fire you?</end quote></div>

American Disabilities Act (ADA) = discrimination

An employer is required to provide reasonable accomodation. A change of hours is a reasonable accomodation in most instances I believe.