Graduate School with CF

I am currently working on my PhD, finished M.S. in 2009, undergrad in 2006. Not in the "hard" sciences, which seems to be what you are interested in. <br><br><br>Sarah~<br>

I am currently working on my PhD, finished M.S. in 2009, undergrad in 2006. Not in the "hard" sciences, which seems to be what you are interested in. <br><br><br>Sarah~<br>

saveferris2009

I finished my MBA from a top 20 university in 2009 (I say this not to brag, but to highlight that it wasn't some online university where I did all classes sitting at home, or some abridged program that was only a year from a program that wasn't too rigorous).  <br>
<br>It took a lot of planning because I determined that graduating with an MBA would be useless unless I had my health intact.
<br>
<br>I always made sure I slept enough, ate well, exercised, and did meds BEFORE i would do anything school related. It took some planning, but I was able to put it all together.
<br>
<br>Best of luck.

saveferris2009

I finished my MBA from a top 20 university in 2009 (I say this not to brag, but to highlight that it wasn't some online university where I did all classes sitting at home, or some abridged program that was only a year from a program that wasn't too rigorous). <br>
<br>It took a lot of planning because I determined that graduating with an MBA would be useless unless I had my health intact.
<br>
<br>I always made sure I slept enough, ate well, exercised, and did meds BEFORE i would do anything school related. It took some planning, but I was able to put it all together.
<br>
<br>Best of luck.

saveferris2009

I finished my MBA from a top 20 university in 2009 (I say this not to brag, but to highlight that it wasn't some online university where I did all classes sitting at home, or some abridged program that was only a year from a program that wasn't too rigorous). <br>
<br>
<br>
<br>Best of luck.

BB603

I went to grad school, and received my MS in Human Resources Management in 1996. I have CF. I had to be careful not to over do it and run myself into the ground like I have a habit of doing. It taught me to really learn what good health meant to me and to enjoy the experience of grad school. I knew that if I were sick, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it nor graduate.

BB603

I went to grad school, and received my MS in Human Resources Management in 1996. I have CF. I had to be careful not to over do it and run myself into the ground like I have a habit of doing. It taught me to really learn what good health meant to me and to enjoy the experience of grad school. I knew that if I were sick, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it nor graduate.

BB603

J

jessykt

I am contemplating grad school right now. The issue is money and then taking care of myself. I guess I will have to stay on social security just because I won't have any health insurance. How did all of you have insurance while you went through your program? I'll be getting a master's in social work and on the application they want to know specifically what your financial plans are because they do NOT want you working during the program-so any chance of a job with benefits is out the window. Did anyone else experience that?

J

jessykt

I am contemplating grad school right now. The issue is money and then taking care of myself. I guess I will have to stay on social security just because I won't have any health insurance. How did all of you have insurance while you went through your program? I'll be getting a master's in social work and on the application they want to know specifically what your financial plans are because they do NOT want you working during the program-so any chance of a job with benefits is out the window. Did anyone else experience that?

J

jessykt

carmick

I got back-to-back Masters degrees (a M.A. in Anthropology and a M.A.T. in Museum Education). I finished the first Masters in May and started the second that June. It was a 13 month program (2 summer semesters) so all told three solid years of school. Because I started right after undergrad, I could stay on my parents' insurance for as long as I remained a full-time student.

I was pretty healthy going into grad school but my health took a nose dive during my second year. I don't blame school, but my health going haywire certainly made finishing on time pretty tricky. I didn't have a good health plan in place and I was very lucky that my professors were understanding. I am glad that I went and would have regretted it tremendously if I hadn't. I am very proud of my two Masters!

carmick

I got back-to-back Masters degrees (a M.A. in Anthropology and a M.A.T. in Museum Education). I finished the first Masters in May and started the second that June. It was a 13 month program (2 summer semesters) so all told three solid years of school. Because I started right after undergrad, I could stay on my parents' insurance for as long as I remained a full-time student.

I was pretty healthy going into grad school but my health took a nose dive during my second year. I don't blame school, but my health going haywire certainly made finishing on time pretty tricky. I didn't have a good health plan in place and I was very lucky that my professors were understanding. I am glad that I went and would have regretted it tremendously if I hadn't. I am very proud of my two Masters!

carmick

<br />
<br />I was pretty healthy going into grad school but my health took a nose dive during my second year. I don't blame school, but my health going haywire certainly made finishing on time pretty tricky. I didn't have a good health plan in place and I was very lucky that my professors were understanding. I am glad that I went and would have regretted it tremendously if I hadn't. I am very proud of my two Masters!