Great Strides

ktsmom

For those of us without a blog, or even if you do have one, share your GS stories here.

Our Great Strides was in OKC yesterday. The weather was absolutely beautiful!

I MET Stacey (JORDYSMOM) and it was such a joy to visit with her. She is as lovely and caring in real life as she is on these boards. I look forward to visiting with her more!

Katy marched across that stage and received her Hero of our Hearts Award like the beautiful and confident young lady that she is becoming. There was a person walking in honor of Emily Haager. She spoke onstage that she was accepting her Hero of our Hearts award at the same time as Emily's services were starting. I was able to talk to her later and we shed a few tears. We also lost our last year's ambassador, Missy, and it was very moving for her team to be on stage walking in her memory.

We co-chaired the event again this year. My brother-in-law made a huge banner showing the 2001 drug pipeline on the left and the current drug pipeline on the right. The differences are dramatic and exciting. Our local chapter lead person spoke about the latest medical developments.

Last year we coined the phrase that this was a shareholder's meeting for the CFF (or maybe everyone says that; I don't know!). Anyway, I spoke about that concept and what we get from the CFF in return for our hard work and fund raising: a charity that consistently earns top awards for sound fiscal management; an innovative drug research model; and our local chapter, made of incredible caring and competent women who always make me feel more hopeful when I talk to them.

Mrs. Oklahoma 2010, Alyssa Siler, who has posted here from time to time, gave a beautiful speech about how when her daughter was diagnosed with CF she made it her mission to find a cure. She will be using her newly-won title to promote awareness of CF throughout this coming year. We are lucky to have her!

My team, Katy's Voyagers, runs the popcorn and cotton candy that we hand out free (we get a sponsor for the machine rentals). A HUGE shoutout to them for working those machines for 4 hours! Every single one of my nieces and nephews that came missed a big sporting event to come to the walk, but they all said that being at the walk and supporting Katy was more important. Keep in mind that these kids are 10 to 14 years old. Beautiful souls, each and every one.

Whew! Another one under our belt! Good luck everyone, and I look forward to reading your stories!

ktsmom

For those of us without a blog, or even if you do have one, share your GS stories here.

Our Great Strides was in OKC yesterday. The weather was absolutely beautiful!

I MET Stacey (JORDYSMOM) and it was such a joy to visit with her. She is as lovely and caring in real life as she is on these boards. I look forward to visiting with her more!

Katy marched across that stage and received her Hero of our Hearts Award like the beautiful and confident young lady that she is becoming. There was a person walking in honor of Emily Haager. She spoke onstage that she was accepting her Hero of our Hearts award at the same time as Emily's services were starting. I was able to talk to her later and we shed a few tears. We also lost our last year's ambassador, Missy, and it was very moving for her team to be on stage walking in her memory.

We co-chaired the event again this year. My brother-in-law made a huge banner showing the 2001 drug pipeline on the left and the current drug pipeline on the right. The differences are dramatic and exciting. Our local chapter lead person spoke about the latest medical developments.

Last year we coined the phrase that this was a shareholder's meeting for the CFF (or maybe everyone says that; I don't know!). Anyway, I spoke about that concept and what we get from the CFF in return for our hard work and fund raising: a charity that consistently earns top awards for sound fiscal management; an innovative drug research model; and our local chapter, made of incredible caring and competent women who always make me feel more hopeful when I talk to them.

Mrs. Oklahoma 2010, Alyssa Siler, who has posted here from time to time, gave a beautiful speech about how when her daughter was diagnosed with CF she made it her mission to find a cure. She will be using her newly-won title to promote awareness of CF throughout this coming year. We are lucky to have her!

My team, Katy's Voyagers, runs the popcorn and cotton candy that we hand out free (we get a sponsor for the machine rentals). A HUGE shoutout to them for working those machines for 4 hours! Every single one of my nieces and nephews that came missed a big sporting event to come to the walk, but they all said that being at the walk and supporting Katy was more important. Keep in mind that these kids are 10 to 14 years old. Beautiful souls, each and every one.

Whew! Another one under our belt! Good luck everyone, and I look forward to reading your stories!

ktsmom

<br />
<br />Our Great Strides was in OKC yesterday. The weather was absolutely beautiful!
<br />
<br />I MET Stacey (JORDYSMOM) and it was such a joy to visit with her. She is as lovely and caring in real life as she is on these boards. I look forward to visiting with her more!
<br />
<br />Katy marched across that stage and received her Hero of our Hearts Award like the beautiful and confident young lady that she is becoming. There was a person walking in honor of Emily Haager. She spoke onstage that she was accepting her Hero of our Hearts award at the same time as Emily's services were starting. I was able to talk to her later and we shed a few tears. We also lost our last year's ambassador, Missy, and it was very moving for her team to be on stage walking in her memory.
<br />
<br />We co-chaired the event again this year. My brother-in-law made a huge banner showing the 2001 drug pipeline on the left and the current drug pipeline on the right. The differences are dramatic and exciting. Our local chapter lead person spoke about the latest medical developments.
<br />
<br />Last year we coined the phrase that this was a shareholder's meeting for the CFF (or maybe everyone says that; I don't know!). Anyway, I spoke about that concept and what we get from the CFF in return for our hard work and fund raising: a charity that consistently earns top awards for sound fiscal management; an innovative drug research model; and our local chapter, made of incredible caring and competent women who always make me feel more hopeful when I talk to them.
<br />
<br />Mrs. Oklahoma 2010, Alyssa Siler, who has posted here from time to time, gave a beautiful speech about how when her daughter was diagnosed with CF she made it her mission to find a cure. She will be using her newly-won title to promote awareness of CF throughout this coming year. We are lucky to have her!
<br />
<br />My team, Katy's Voyagers, runs the popcorn and cotton candy that we hand out free (we get a sponsor for the machine rentals). A HUGE shoutout to them for working those machines for 4 hours! Every single one of my nieces and nephews that came missed a big sporting event to come to the walk, but they all said that being at the walk and supporting Katy was more important. Keep in mind that these kids are 10 to 14 years old. Beautiful souls, each and every one.
<br />
<br />Whew! Another one under our belt! Good luck everyone, and I look forward to reading your stories!
<br />
<br />
<br />

ktsmom

Jenn (westonsmom) posted a blog entry about their GS and then made another blog post that kicked her original post off the sidebar. So be sure to check all her recent blog entries!

ktsmom

Jenn (westonsmom) posted a blog entry about their GS and then made another blog post that kicked her original post off the sidebar. So be sure to check all her recent blog entries!

ktsmom