Green Sputum

C

cfgf28

My bf had a tune up at the end of september, and has felt so much better than he did before the tune up,less congested in the morning s and all that . His sputum when he went into the hospital was light yellow, and was back to white in a couple days. Well anyways the other day he coughed up one green blob. He has never had green sputum ever, and right now he feels good, not sick at all, can breathe and fell it all the way to the bottom of his lungs. Do you think the green stuff was just stuck somewhere in his lungs and has finally broken loose and come out? He doesn't want to call his doctor right now, he goes for a follow up in 2 weeks...Says he will tell them then, since it hasn't happened more than once....Any ideas what its from???

C

cfgf28

My bf had a tune up at the end of september, and has felt so much better than he did before the tune up,less congested in the morning s and all that . His sputum when he went into the hospital was light yellow, and was back to white in a couple days. Well anyways the other day he coughed up one green blob. He has never had green sputum ever, and right now he feels good, not sick at all, can breathe and fell it all the way to the bottom of his lungs. Do you think the green stuff was just stuck somewhere in his lungs and has finally broken loose and come out? He doesn't want to call his doctor right now, he goes for a follow up in 2 weeks...Says he will tell them then, since it hasn't happened more than once....Any ideas what its from???

C

cfgf28

Printer

It could be several things, including something old or even a new infection growing. I have the e-mail addy of the NP at the CF Clinic. When I have questions like this I send an e-mail.

Bill

Printer

It could be several things, including something old or even a new infection growing. I have the e-mail addy of the NP at the CF Clinic. When I have questions like this I send an e-mail.

Bill

Printer

<br />
<br />Bill

Incomudrox

Green sputum, usually the darker the green the deader the infection is usually sputum that is dark green that is, that of a dead infection is also DENSER in texture only he would be able to tell you. Also I can not describe what I mean, I just know what works for me. What works for one person does not work for another. Yellow/LIGHT green indicates an infection getting ready to rock your body. None the less, I would confirm with the doctors.

Incomudrox

Green sputum, usually the darker the green the deader the infection is usually sputum that is dark green that is, that of a dead infection is also DENSER in texture only he would be able to tell you. Also I can not describe what I mean, I just know what works for me. What works for one person does not work for another. Yellow/LIGHT green indicates an infection getting ready to rock your body. None the less, I would confirm with the doctors.

Incomudrox

rmotion

I have always had green junk. I think that is the lovely shade of our lovely friend pseudomonas!
Its like the Mucinex commercials with the sputum characters. LIttle Jaba the Huts in our lungs great!

rmotion

I have always had green junk. I think that is the lovely shade of our lovely friend pseudomonas!
Its like the Mucinex commercials with the sputum characters. LIttle Jaba the Huts in our lungs great!

rmotion

<br />Its like the Mucinex commercials with the sputum characters. LIttle Jaba the Huts in our lungs great!
<br />

Hardak

More or less what Rob said, pseudomonas. The shade of it light lime to deep forest green can tell you a few things. If this is something new for him, he should at least check in with the local clinic (e-mail phone call that kinda thing..)

Hardak

More or less what Rob said, pseudomonas. The shade of it light lime to deep forest green can tell you a few things. If this is something new for him, he should at least check in with the local clinic (e-mail phone call that kinda thing..)

Hardak

Tisha

I always have green sputum... Varies in shade depending on how bad the infection is, but when you have Pseudomonas that's the daily thing.

Tisha

I always have green sputum... Varies in shade depending on how bad the infection is, but when you have Pseudomonas that's the daily thing.