gtube problems

N

ncyra399

I just got a feeding tube placed a few weeks ago. It hasn't worked properly since I got it. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has had the same issue and what they have done about resolving it.

The problem seems to be pressure build up. Whenever I try to use the pump, I put the tubing in and it immediately gets shot out. It won't stay in for anything. They tried to release some pressure from my balloon and that worked for one night. They did a barium study and found nothing wrong. They have now taken me off of my bipap machine to see if that will help.

Apparently I have a very small stomach, so I can't handle much. But, they don't think that is the problem either. If I try to use a syringe to do my feeds, I get full really fast, naseous, hot and my reflux is AWFUL! I was very against getting this tube in the first place and now that it's not working, I'm even more irrate.

So, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I would appreciate it!

N

ncyra399

I just got a feeding tube placed a few weeks ago. It hasn't worked properly since I got it. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has had the same issue and what they have done about resolving it.

The problem seems to be pressure build up. Whenever I try to use the pump, I put the tubing in and it immediately gets shot out. It won't stay in for anything. They tried to release some pressure from my balloon and that worked for one night. They did a barium study and found nothing wrong. They have now taken me off of my bipap machine to see if that will help.

Apparently I have a very small stomach, so I can't handle much. But, they don't think that is the problem either. If I try to use a syringe to do my feeds, I get full really fast, naseous, hot and my reflux is AWFUL! I was very against getting this tube in the first place and now that it's not working, I'm even more irrate.

N

ncyra399

N

ncyra399

N

ncyra399

<br />
<br />The problem seems to be pressure build up. Whenever I try to use the pump, I put the tubing in and it immediately gets shot out. It won't stay in for anything. They tried to release some pressure from my balloon and that worked for one night. They did a barium study and found nothing wrong. They have now taken me off of my bipap machine to see if that will help.
<br />
<br />Apparently I have a very small stomach, so I can't handle much. But, they don't think that is the problem either. If I try to use a syringe to do my feeds, I get full really fast, naseous, hot and my reflux is AWFUL! I was very against getting this tube in the first place and now that it's not working, I'm even more irrate.
<br />
<br />So, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I would appreciate it!

kbsonner

Maybe talk to your docs about changing to a J tube. My son had a G and it didn't do much for him. After thy changed to the J it is soooo much better. The J empties into the intetine instead of the stomach so he doesn't feel full all the time and still eats his food.

kbsonner

Maybe talk to your docs about changing to a J tube. My son had a G and it didn't do much for him. After thy changed to the J it is soooo much better. The J empties into the intetine instead of the stomach so he doesn't feel full all the time and still eats his food.

kbsonner

kbsonner

kbsonner

N

ncyra399

Does the J tube involve another surgery? I just went through so much to get this one (problems w/waking up from anesthetic), I really don't want to have to go through it again if I don't have to.

I will ask about it though. Thank you!

nicki

N

ncyra399

Does the J tube involve another surgery? I just went through so much to get this one (problems w/waking up from anesthetic), I really don't want to have to go through it again if I don't have to.

nicki

N

ncyra399

nicki

N

ncyra399

nicki

N

ncyra399

<br />
<br />I will ask about it though. Thank you!
<br />
<br />nicki

TCysticHobbins

I had a peg put in about a month ago now it was something i wanted because i wasnt eating and didnt want to. And i knew i couldnt keep losing weight. When i first got mine done i had a bag on it for the first day or two to let stuff drain out of it because i was feeling full and gassy all the time feeding or not. But that eventually went away. Then once that left i always felt full when they fed and the same as you i was getting hot uncomfortable and all that. it eventually got better. I was allready in hospital when i got it done and stayed there for a week and a half after. At first they were running it 18 hours a day starting at 50mls an hour and slowly increasing it to 140 ml. Mainly feeding at night which was the most uncomfortable time to feed i think. Once i got home and dont do what i did but i always play around with my stuff. But what i found worked for me was when it was running slow i found i was feeling more full than when i ran it through faster. Right now im doing about 3 scandishakes at a time and running it at 300ml an hour so im hooked up for a couple hours then off then im back on it and i dont feed at night. Im not sure of how you connect your but with mine i just have a tube and its got a little rubber plug on it that i open and hook to the feed bag tube. But i found that they dont stay in and always popped out which made a hell of a mess so now i put a peice of tape to hold it in until i am done. I dont know if this will help you out at all but this is my experience with it.

TCysticHobbins

I had a peg put in about a month ago now it was something i wanted because i wasnt eating and didnt want to. And i knew i couldnt keep losing weight. When i first got mine done i had a bag on it for the first day or two to let stuff drain out of it because i was feeling full and gassy all the time feeding or not. But that eventually went away. Then once that left i always felt full when they fed and the same as you i was getting hot uncomfortable and all that. it eventually got better. I was allready in hospital when i got it done and stayed there for a week and a half after. At first they were running it 18 hours a day starting at 50mls an hour and slowly increasing it to 140 ml. Mainly feeding at night which was the most uncomfortable time to feed i think. Once i got home and dont do what i did but i always play around with my stuff. But what i found worked for me was when it was running slow i found i was feeling more full than when i ran it through faster. Right now im doing about 3 scandishakes at a time and running it at 300ml an hour so im hooked up for a couple hours then off then im back on it and i dont feed at night. Im not sure of how you connect your but with mine i just have a tube and its got a little rubber plug on it that i open and hook to the feed bag tube. But i found that they dont stay in and always popped out which made a hell of a mess so now i put a peice of tape to hold it in until i am done. I dont know if this will help you out at all but this is my experience with it.

TCysticHobbins

TCysticHobbins

TCysticHobbins