Gtube

mander31880

I had a G-tube from '93 to '98. When I got it I was 13 and weighed 50lbs. When I finally had it removed I had gained 50lbs and looked great. No problems with eating. In fact, about 2 hours of waking up I would get extremely hungry and eat meals throughout the day until nighttime. I do believe you have to exercise along with all the weight gain to avoid looking "heavy." By "heavy" it's probably just actually looking "healthy."

My self esteem went up definitely because I started to look my age instead of a 9yr in 8th grade. The only problems I had were the leaking. It was a pain. Especially being active, the button tends to leak more. All in all it definitely saved my life.

mander31880

I had a G-tube from '93 to '98. When I got it I was 13 and weighed 50lbs. When I finally had it removed I had gained 50lbs and looked great. No problems with eating. In fact, about 2 hours of waking up I would get extremely hungry and eat meals throughout the day until nighttime. I do believe you have to exercise along with all the weight gain to avoid looking "heavy." By "heavy" it's probably just actually looking "healthy."

My self esteem went up definitely because I started to look my age instead of a 9yr in 8th grade. The only problems I had were the leaking. It was a pain. Especially being active, the button tends to leak more. All in all it definitely saved my life.

mander31880

mander31880

mander31880

<br />
<br />My self esteem went up definitely because I started to look my age instead of a 9yr in 8th grade. The only problems I had were the leaking. It was a pain. Especially being active, the button tends to leak more. All in all it definitely saved my life.

soderick

When I was doing research about getting the g-tube, the thing I was most concerned about was lots of complaints about leaking, like Gabrielle. At first, I thought I was going to have that problem, too, but after I spent about 5 months battling granulation tissue around the site, I have very little leakage. I do have a bit of raised scarring that is mildly uncomfortable, but a bit of cream and rotating the tube relieve it quickly.

I don't know if I'm the exception, but the leakage I experience in no way outweighs the benefits I've gotten from the extra calories. As mander31880 says, it's nice to look a bit more your age instead of looking 9 years old in high school. After all, that extra 10 pounds translates into extra curves, making you look more mature.

soderick

When I was doing research about getting the g-tube, the thing I was most concerned about was lots of complaints about leaking, like Gabrielle. At first, I thought I was going to have that problem, too, but after I spent about 5 months battling granulation tissue around the site, I have very little leakage. I do have a bit of raised scarring that is mildly uncomfortable, but a bit of cream and rotating the tube relieve it quickly.

I don't know if I'm the exception, but the leakage I experience in no way outweighs the benefits I've gotten from the extra calories. As mander31880 says, it's nice to look a bit more your age instead of looking 9 years old in high school. After all, that extra 10 pounds translates into extra curves, making you look more mature.

soderick

soderick

soderick

<br />
<br />I don't know if I'm the exception, but the leakage I experience in no way outweighs the benefits I've gotten from the extra calories. As mander31880 says, it's nice to look a bit more your age instead of looking 9 years old in high school. After all, that extra 10 pounds translates into extra curves, making you look more mature.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
My kids have had their g-tubes for 5 years and honestly it helped them tremendously! I'm sure Josh wouldn't have lived through the time he was being treated for the myco without being tube fed.

Besides a few minor problems it has been very easy!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
My kids have had their g-tubes for 5 years and honestly it helped them tremendously! I'm sure Josh wouldn't have lived through the time he was being treated for the myco without being tube fed.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />Besides a few minor problems it has been very easy!