gtube

JennyCoulon

The healing time isn't very long. Our oldest who just turned 9 has had his for about 2 1/2 years. He got his on a Tuesday morning and we were home on Friday. He took a couple of days because he had a lot of scar tissue b/c of his previous surgery.

We fought getting it b/c we didn't want him to have to deal with it, but now that he has it we wish that we would have done it sooner. His height and weight really went up and if both of those are good that equals healthy lung function. Mason is in soccer, rides his bikes, runs around, and is more active now then he was before he got it which I didn't know was possible. You will thank yourself for doing this b/c there will be no more pushing to EAT, EAT, EAT. Mason gets the majority of the daily calories, vitamins, etc. through his button at night so that is nice.

Mason went in for his a week after school got out for the summer. It was nice to do that but if they want it done now the recovery time is not too bad. Feel free to ask any questions that you might have, it is a scarey thought so it is nice to have support. Good luck.

JennyCoulon

The healing time isn't very long. Our oldest who just turned 9 has had his for about 2 1/2 years. He got his on a Tuesday morning and we were home on Friday. He took a couple of days because he had a lot of scar tissue b/c of his previous surgery.

We fought getting it b/c we didn't want him to have to deal with it, but now that he has it we wish that we would have done it sooner. His height and weight really went up and if both of those are good that equals healthy lung function. Mason is in soccer, rides his bikes, runs around, and is more active now then he was before he got it which I didn't know was possible. You will thank yourself for doing this b/c there will be no more pushing to EAT, EAT, EAT. Mason gets the majority of the daily calories, vitamins, etc. through his button at night so that is nice.

Mason went in for his a week after school got out for the summer. It was nice to do that but if they want it done now the recovery time is not too bad. Feel free to ask any questions that you might have, it is a scarey thought so it is nice to have support. Good luck.

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

<br />
<br />We fought getting it b/c we didn't want him to have to deal with it, but now that he has it we wish that we would have done it sooner. His height and weight really went up and if both of those are good that equals healthy lung function. Mason is in soccer, rides his bikes, runs around, and is more active now then he was before he got it which I didn't know was possible. You will thank yourself for doing this b/c there will be no more pushing to EAT, EAT, EAT. Mason gets the majority of the daily calories, vitamins, etc. through his button at night so that is nice.
<br />
<br />Mason went in for his a week after school got out for the summer. It was nice to do that but if they want it done now the recovery time is not too bad. Feel free to ask any questions that you might have, it is a scarey thought so it is nice to have support. Good luck.

flatfordl

I am afraid we might be headed in that direction as well. My daughter keeps getting taller but not gaining weight. She eats all the time and eats anything we give her. I hope it goes smoothly but I don't have any real advice.

Do you know if they can go swimming with a g-tube?

Good Luck.

flatfordl

I am afraid we might be headed in that direction as well. My daughter keeps getting taller but not gaining weight. She eats all the time and eats anything we give her. I hope it goes smoothly but I don't have any real advice.

Good Luck.

flatfordl

Good Luck.

flatfordl

Good Luck.

flatfordl

<br />
<br />Do you know if they can go swimming with a g-tube?
<br />
<br />Good Luck.
<br />
<br />

rubiesmom

you guys are awesome and have made me feel alot better with all your positive feedback about the gtube. Rubies next cf appointment is Jan 22nd, we'll be talking to the doc about it then. It's good to hear that it won't stop her from doing the things she enjoys(i.e bike riding, playing at the park..etc). Right now Rubies weight is in the 5th percentile and she has never been any higher than that. It will be great to see her finally climb that chart. One question I do have is if it can easily get pulled out, I keep thinking that it will get ripped out of her at the playground at school....sorry I know its a terrible thought but can it be dangerous? Is that something I should worry about? Thank you everyone for your responses, I'll definitely keep you all in the loop. Thanks.

rubiesmom

you guys are awesome and have made me feel alot better with all your positive feedback about the gtube. Rubies next cf appointment is Jan 22nd, we'll be talking to the doc about it then. It's good to hear that it won't stop her from doing the things she enjoys(i.e bike riding, playing at the park..etc). Right now Rubies weight is in the 5th percentile and she has never been any higher than that. It will be great to see her finally climb that chart. One question I do have is if it can easily get pulled out, I keep thinking that it will get ripped out of her at the playground at school....sorry I know its a terrible thought but can it be dangerous? Is that something I should worry about? Thank you everyone for your responses, I'll definitely keep you all in the loop. Thanks.

rubiesmom

rubiesmom

rubiesmom

JennyCoulon

Lynsey,
No it doesn't stop them from swimming. We have went swimming in the lake and the pool. You will find that a g tube really is a great thing.

JennyCoulon

Lynsey,
No it doesn't stop them from swimming. We have went swimming in the lake and the pool. You will find that a g tube really is a great thing.

JennyCoulon

Lynsey,

JennyCoulon

Lynsey,

JennyCoulon

Lynsey,
<br />No it doesn't stop them from swimming. We have went swimming in the lake and the pool. You will find that a g tube really is a great thing.