Happy mother's Day!!

imported_Momto2

Happy Mothers Day!!! To everyone with CF who is a mom, and all mom's with kids who have CF. And anyone else who happens to peruse this board : )
10 years ago, I received my first Mother's Day card. It was a bit weird since officially we had signed the papers, and my husband had met our new daughter, but I had not. Officially, I was a mom, but it sure didnt feel like it. It was a surreal day. Two weeks later, our daughter came home to us from Azerbaijan. THAT was one of the most amazing days, especially since I had never thought, that with CF, I would ever be a mom. The reality, along with poopy diapers and sleepless night, quickly hit! *grin*
Today my 6 year old helped make me breakfast and my soon to be 11 year old presented me with a homemade book of poetry she had written and a silly and wonderfully message-in-a-bottle card. Our six year old also made a lovely crown for me and an ornament.

My heart is full.

Here is one of Cecelia's poems that I'd like to share on this special day.
"Encounter with a Monkey"

We both out to explore
in the suns last rays.

I in the forest
by the long searching shadows,

She
in the tree
staring at me.

I froze,
so not to make
a single peep.

She looked
dumbounded at the sight
of a human being.

Then,
she swung away
into the starlight
of the summer night.

imported_Momto2

Happy Mothers Day!!! To everyone with CF who is a mom, and all mom's with kids who have CF. And anyone else who happens to peruse this board : )
10 years ago, I received my first Mother's Day card. It was a bit weird since officially we had signed the papers, and my husband had met our new daughter, but I had not. Officially, I was a mom, but it sure didnt feel like it. It was a surreal day. Two weeks later, our daughter came home to us from Azerbaijan. THAT was one of the most amazing days, especially since I had never thought, that with CF, I would ever be a mom. The reality, along with poopy diapers and sleepless night, quickly hit! *grin*
Today my 6 year old helped make me breakfast and my soon to be 11 year old presented me with a homemade book of poetry she had written and a silly and wonderfully message-in-a-bottle card. Our six year old also made a lovely crown for me and an ornament.

My heart is full.

Here is one of Cecelia's poems that I'd like to share on this special day.
"Encounter with a Monkey"

We both out to explore
in the suns last rays.

I in the forest
by the long searching shadows,

She
in the tree
staring at me.

I froze,
so not to make
a single peep.

She looked