Hard time coughing

M

mah

Hey, everyone. I always have a really hard time breathing. I am 32 and on full time oxygen and just have a gamut of secondary issues. Lately I've been having a really hard time coughing. Not coughing stuff up, mind you, but breathing deep enough to actually cough. This has been an on and off issue for awhile and I just wonder how many other people have this problem and if there's anything that helps.
Thx

lilmac7

for me exercise always gets it moving regardless of how much coughing "triggers" I have with not much coming up. Also for me lying down on my back and sometimes even on an angle if needed and just breethe deeply will get it going. When I do that I fight the urge to cough so often and make it gather up a good bit before coughing it up so I don't end up too exhausted from coughing to bits for the least little tickle in my throat/chest.

Blreece530

Hi, I am Brodi Reece and I am 27 and on 3 Liters of oxygen all the time. I am a nurse with a Masters Degree. I went to High School and College at the same time, (my Mom works at UGA as a Chemists), so that is how I got in so early, but I wore myself out as you can imagine. I also don't work anymore, also as you can imagine. I also have CFRD and Seizures, so I can relate to a other problems, rather than your CF. I too can't take a deep breath in when there is a lot of humidity in the air, I also can't take a deep breath in with out pain if I have been laying flat. I suggest trying to sleep at an angle an slowly work your comfort level up until you can rest comfortably while laying upright. I also use a childrens cherry menthol rub. I get it at Dollar Tree, believe it or not. You can use any type of children's or low ordor rub on your back b/c that is where your lungs are clostest. I hope that helps some. You are more than welcome to look me up on Facebook and get in touch with me anytime, day or night if you are having trouble. Oh, and I am a girl, with a name like Brodi some people get confused. lol.