Has anyone adopted over seas with CF?

Lamp

Me and my husband would like to adopt over seas. Were trying to decide what country to go through while deciding on an agency. we have awhile until the home study is done so I thought I'd see if any of you have experience.

Have anyone of you adopted over seas with CF? And if so what country and through what agency?

Lamp

Me and my husband would like to adopt over seas. Were trying to decide what country to go through while deciding on an agency. we have awhile until the home study is done so I thought I'd see if any of you have experience.

Have anyone of you adopted over seas with CF? And if so what country and through what agency?

Lamp

Lamp

Lamp

<br />
<br />Have anyone of you adopted over seas with CF? And if so what country and through what agency?
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

JennifersHope

I seriously considered adoption as well, but being that I am single I ruled it out.. To much trauma for a child to lose their mother and not have a father to help them. I have a lot of friends that did adopt overseas.

I would cross China off your list totally, they have the strictest rules and regulations. You have to have a certified letter of health stating that you are in excellent health, you can't even be obese or they can turn you down.. Even people under the best of circumstances are waiting years and years and years for a baby from there.

Some people do well with in States adoption is they are willing to take a non-infant, also you can sometimes get siblings that way....it is cheaper, etc.

Any country that has white looking children are hard to get as well, such as European countries.

Other than that I would search out adoption agencies, see what the time frame is for placement, some have short times etc.. Agape is a wonderful agency..

Here is the thing about the health....Most countries want a letter of certified health from a MD. I seriously considered for a half of second going to a walk in doctors place and just getting a physical to see if I could get a letter, but again decided against it.

The people I know that have been able to adopt with health issues have either lied about their health all together or found a country that didn't ask about the health.

Good luck to you...Somewhere their is a baby born or going to be born that will belong to you

Jennifer

JennifersHope

I seriously considered adoption as well, but being that I am single I ruled it out.. To much trauma for a child to lose their mother and not have a father to help them. I have a lot of friends that did adopt overseas.

I would cross China off your list totally, they have the strictest rules and regulations. You have to have a certified letter of health stating that you are in excellent health, you can't even be obese or they can turn you down.. Even people under the best of circumstances are waiting years and years and years for a baby from there.

Some people do well with in States adoption is they are willing to take a non-infant, also you can sometimes get siblings that way....it is cheaper, etc.

Any country that has white looking children are hard to get as well, such as European countries.

Other than that I would search out adoption agencies, see what the time frame is for placement, some have short times etc.. Agape is a wonderful agency..

Here is the thing about the health....Most countries want a letter of certified health from a MD. I seriously considered for a half of second going to a walk in doctors place and just getting a physical to see if I could get a letter, but again decided against it.

The people I know that have been able to adopt with health issues have either lied about their health all together or found a country that didn't ask about the health.

Good luck to you...Somewhere their is a baby born or going to be born that will belong to you

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Jennifer

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />I would cross China off your list totally, they have the strictest rules and regulations. You have to have a certified letter of health stating that you are in excellent health, you can't even be obese or they can turn you down.. Even people under the best of circumstances are waiting years and years and years for a baby from there.
<br />
<br />Some people do well with in States adoption is they are willing to take a non-infant, also you can sometimes get siblings that way....it is cheaper, etc.
<br />
<br />Any country that has white looking children are hard to get as well, such as European countries.
<br />
<br />Other than that I would search out adoption agencies, see what the time frame is for placement, some have short times etc.. Agape is a wonderful agency..
<br />
<br />Here is the thing about the health....Most countries want a letter of certified health from a MD. I seriously considered for a half of second going to a walk in doctors place and just getting a physical to see if I could get a letter, but again decided against it.
<br />
<br />The people I know that have been able to adopt with health issues have either lied about their health all together or found a country that didn't ask about the health.
<br />
<br />Good luck to you...Somewhere their is a baby born or going to be born that will belong to you
<br />
<br />Jennifer

Lamp

Thank you Jennifer thats so sweet. Were totally not picky when it comes to race what so ever. I have had both my CF doctors say they'd do whatever, write whatever to help vauch for my health being well enough to care for a baby. (this of course doesn't mean the countries are going to lay over for me but at least I have my docs on my side, right?) And your right about China, I don't even look into their program with any agency I'm looking at.

I would just love to take my unfortunate situation of infertility, and turn it around into something great for an orphan over seas that otherwise wouldn't have the opp. to come to America, be in our schools, or have a financially sound home. Just finding the country and agency will be the trying part.

Lamp

Thank you Jennifer thats so sweet. Were totally not picky when it comes to race what so ever. I have had both my CF doctors say they'd do whatever, write whatever to help vauch for my health being well enough to care for a baby. (this of course doesn't mean the countries are going to lay over for me but at least I have my docs on my side, right?) And your right about China, I don't even look into their program with any agency I'm looking at.

I would just love to take my unfortunate situation of infertility, and turn it around into something great for an orphan over seas that otherwise wouldn't have the opp. to come to America, be in our schools, or have a financially sound home. Just finding the country and agency will be the trying part.

Lamp

Lamp

Lamp

<br />
<br />I would just love to take my unfortunate situation of infertility, and turn it around into something great for an orphan over seas that otherwise wouldn't have the opp. to come to America, be in our schools, or have a financially sound home. Just finding the country and agency will be the trying part.

65rosessamurai

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JennifersHope</b></i>

Jennifer</end quote></div>

That's really sad considering how China only allows a "one child" family and the girls are so mistreated! Taking them out of there would save their lives! (Wouldn't you think?)

65rosessamurai

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JennifersHope</b></i>

That's really sad considering how China only allows a "one child" family and the girls are so mistreated! Taking them out of there would save their lives! (Wouldn't you think?)

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

Jennifer</end quote>

65rosessamurai

<br />
<br />
<br />I would cross China off your list totally, they have the strictest rules and regulations. You have to have a certified letter of health stating that you are in excellent health, you can't even be obese or they can turn you down.. Even people under the best of circumstances are waiting years and years and years for a baby from there.
<br />
<br />
<br />Jennifer</end quote>
<br />
<br />That's really sad considering how China only allows a "one child" family and the girls are so mistreated! Taking them out of there would save their lives! (Wouldn't you think?)