Has anyone been on Metformin?

tapia

I had a check up to see what I needed to start IVF. Well when they did an ultrasound of my uterus and ovaries. One of my ovaries has cyst. The other one does not and my uterus looks good. The doctor put me on Metformin.

Well the first three weeks were fine. But the fourth week I got really fatigue (severe to what I am use to). And nausea, my stools were horrible. Well anyway i stopped taking it. And now i feel fine.

My question is did any of you have PCOS and if so did you have to take this medicine to go through IVF?

tapia

I had a check up to see what I needed to start IVF. Well when they did an ultrasound of my uterus and ovaries. One of my ovaries has cyst. The other one does not and my uterus looks good. The doctor put me on Metformin.

Well the first three weeks were fine. But the fourth week I got really fatigue (severe to what I am use to). And nausea, my stools were horrible. Well anyway i stopped taking it. And now i feel fine.

My question is did any of you have PCOS and if so did you have to take this medicine to go through IVF?

tapia

tapia

tapia

tapia

wanderlost

I did not have pcos or IVF, but my husband is diabetic and did take metroformin for a while and so we had a bottle laying around and I did take it along with clomid for the two weeks prior to both my IUIs. I did not notice any side effects though - but as I said, I only took it for like two weeks at a trime just to see if it might help boost my fertility for the IUI (might have worked - I did get pregnant after each one -one ended in miscarriage though).

wanderlost

I did not have pcos or IVF, but my husband is diabetic and did take metroformin for a while and so we had a bottle laying around and I did take it along with clomid for the two weeks prior to both my IUIs. I did not notice any side effects though - but as I said, I only took it for like two weeks at a trime just to see if it might help boost my fertility for the IUI (might have worked - I did get pregnant after each one -one ended in miscarriage though).

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

mom2lillian

I did not take it for fertility but I took it because studies have shown if indiviuals with borderline diabetes take it it can help to stave off diabetes and it was HORRIBLE.

It caused extreme gastro issues in me so I went to a very low dose and tried workign my way up and as soon as I got to a certain amount (cant remember what) it happened again so I gave it up.

mom2lillian

I did not take it for fertility but I took it because studies have shown if indiviuals with borderline diabetes take it it can help to stave off diabetes and it was HORRIBLE.

It caused extreme gastro issues in me so I went to a very low dose and tried workign my way up and as soon as I got to a certain amount (cant remember what) it happened again so I gave it up.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

MOME2RT

I dont have CF but I did take metformin & I DO have PCOS. My bowels were tourtured too! I took it with clomid as well. I got pregnant within 6 months after being on both! I didnt do IVF though. If you have anymore Qs baout this PM me!

MOME2RT

I dont have CF but I did take metformin & I DO have PCOS. My bowels were tourtured too! I took it with clomid as well. I got pregnant within 6 months after being on both! I didnt do IVF though. If you have anymore Qs baout this PM me!