Has anyone ever cultured cupriavidus pauculus?

rcq925

Hayley's culture came back with regular staph and cupriavidus pauculus. Even the CF nurse had never seen it and I cannot find any information on the internet that I can understand about this bacteria. Has anyone else ever cultured this? We are still waiting for the doctor to get back to the CF nurse to see if we are going to treat this or not. So if you have any information I would appreciated it! Thanks!

rcq925

Hayley's culture came back with regular staph and cupriavidus pauculus. Even the CF nurse had never seen it and I cannot find any information on the internet that I can understand about this bacteria. Has anyone else ever cultured this? We are still waiting for the doctor to get back to the CF nurse to see if we are going to treat this or not. So if you have any information I would appreciated it! Thanks!

rcq925

rcq925

rcq925

liviashope

Hi Becky,
I just did a quick search and found that Cupriavidus pauculus is a gram-negative, non-fermenting bacteria.

There's not much info on Cupriavidus pauculus but you may want to check the synonyms: Wautersia paucula and Ralstonia paucula.

If you can't find anything, let me know and I'll do some more indepth searching!

liviashope

Hi Becky,
I just did a quick search and found that Cupriavidus pauculus is a gram-negative, non-fermenting bacteria.

There's not much info on Cupriavidus pauculus but you may want to check the synonyms: Wautersia paucula and Ralstonia paucula.

If you can't find anything, let me know and I'll do some more indepth searching!

liviashope

Hi Becky,

liviashope

Hi Becky,

liviashope

Hi Becky,
<br />I just did a quick search and found that Cupriavidus pauculus is a gram-negative, non-fermenting bacteria.
<br />
<br />There's not much info on Cupriavidus pauculus but you may want to check the synonyms: Wautersia paucula and Ralstonia paucula.
<br />
<br />If you can't find anything, let me know and I'll do some more indepth searching!

rcq925

Thank you! I was able to find a little more information on it after searching for quite a while, even an study from 2005 involving CF patients. It appears this is rare to culture and they are not sure if it actually causes infections or just hangs out in the respiratory tracts and lungs. Our doctor seems to think it was in her throat and not her lungs (she still does throat cultures)and he told the nurse to tell me not to worry. He is going to do some more research and said he will call me back himself. I said I would rather treat it as it is sensitive to antibiotics, so we can get rid of it, rather than let it sit there, but I will have to wait to hear from the doctor.

Thanks again for finding the info, I really appreciate your help!

rcq925

Thank you! I was able to find a little more information on it after searching for quite a while, even an study from 2005 involving CF patients. It appears this is rare to culture and they are not sure if it actually causes infections or just hangs out in the respiratory tracts and lungs. Our doctor seems to think it was in her throat and not her lungs (she still does throat cultures)and he told the nurse to tell me not to worry. He is going to do some more research and said he will call me back himself. I said I would rather treat it as it is sensitive to antibiotics, so we can get rid of it, rather than let it sit there, but I will have to wait to hear from the doctor.

rcq925

rcq925

rcq925

<br />
<br />Thanks again for finding the info, I really appreciate your help!
<br />
<br />