Has anyone ever taken Amphotericin B?

mom2brooke

I was wondering if anyone has ever taken the Amphotericin B for fungal infections. My daughter starts it today for Trichisporin that is growing in her lungs. We have read and heard that there can be some pretty bad side effects from it, but I was wondering what side effects anyone on here may have had. Thanks in advance for your comments.

mom2brooke

I was wondering if anyone has ever taken the Amphotericin B for fungal infections. My daughter starts it today for Trichisporin that is growing in her lungs. We have read and heard that there can be some pretty bad side effects from it, but I was wondering what side effects anyone on here may have had. Thanks in advance for your comments.

mom2brooke

mom2brooke

mom2brooke

Marjolein

I have nebbed it, for a few weeks just post transplant.
It tastes very bad, but I didn't have any side effects from it.

I hope it will help your daughter.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />It tastes very bad, but I didn't have any side effects from it.
<br />
<br />I hope it will help your daughter.

Ready2Dance

I have only ever nebbed it too. No side effects that way, but I've heard that taking it IV is pretty rough. Best of luck and hope it helps!!

Ready2Dance

I have only ever nebbed it too. No side effects that way, but I've heard that taking it IV is pretty rough. Best of luck and hope it helps!!

Ready2Dance

Ready2Dance

Ready2Dance

mom2brooke

Thanks for the replies. Apparently they don't use this drug very often. The nurses here at TCH say it is not one that they have administered very often. So far so good. The only side effect she has had, has been a headache and profuse sweating during the infusion. Other than that, nothing evident. 1st treatment down, 29 more to go. We will have to stay in the hospital during the full treatment because of the possible side effects. :-(

mom2brooke

Thanks for the replies. Apparently they don't use this drug very often. The nurses here at TCH say it is not one that they have administered very often. So far so good. The only side effect she has had, has been a headache and profuse sweating during the infusion. Other than that, nothing evident. 1st treatment down, 29 more to go. We will have to stay in the hospital during the full treatment because of the possible side effects. :-(

mom2brooke

mom2brooke

mom2brooke