has anyone heard of hafnia alvei?

shal624

has anyone ever heard of this?
if so, is it a problem like pseudonymous?
i tried looking it up, but there really isnt any info on it.

shal624

if so, is it a problem like pseudonymous?
i tried looking it up, but there really isnt any info on it.

shal624

<br />if so, is it a problem like pseudonymous?
<br />i tried looking it up, but there really isnt any info on it.

just1more

It is not in the family with pseudomonas, and is not very common.

However, it is enteric (lives in the GI tract) so I'm unsure how you cultured it; and even less sure what to do.

I checked a couple of journals and only found one respiratory related reference. In that one it was indicated in several cases of hospital-acquired pneumonia. But no indication how it was treated, especially since you have CF.

Sorry, but probably need to call the Dr and ask them specifics on their intentions for treating it.

just1more

However, it is enteric (lives in the GI tract) so I'm unsure how you cultured it; and even less sure what to do.

I checked a couple of journals and only found one respiratory related reference. In that one it was indicated in several cases of hospital-acquired pneumonia. But no indication how it was treated, especially since you have CF.

Sorry, but probably need to call the Dr and ask them specifics on their intentions for treating it.

just1more

<br />
<br />However, it is enteric (lives in the GI tract) so I'm unsure how you cultured it; and even less sure what to do.
<br />
<br />I checked a couple of journals and only found one respiratory related reference. In that one it was indicated in several cases of hospital-acquired pneumonia. But no indication how it was treated, especially since you have CF.
<br />
<br />Sorry, but probably need to call the Dr and ask them specifics on their intentions for treating it.

shal624

i used to have reflux, but i take prevacid to take care of that. so i dont know what else it could have been.

shal624

i used to have reflux, but i take prevacid to take care of that. so i dont know what else it could have been.

shal624