Has anyone used Tigecycline?

shea14

My son,7, is on Tigecyline right now. I have heard horror stories about what is can do to the teeth and I was wondering if any of you or your children have used this and if so were their any problems with it? I know it is not reccomended for children but my son is a severe case.

shea14

My son,7, is on Tigecyline right now. I have heard horror stories about what is can do to the teeth and I was wondering if any of you or your children have used this and if so were their any problems with it? I know it is not reccomended for children but my son is a severe case.

shea14

shea14

shea14

theLostMiler

Hmm, I never heard anything about what it can do to teeth. I was on Tigicyline from August 09 to beginning of October 09. Never noticed anything with my teeth. My main side effect was nausea, especially after the first dose b/c they double the first day and it took me a while to recover.I actually was on Zofran along w/ the drug, but I was also kinda low in weight and abx affect more when I am lower in weight. The other downfall for me was the mixing bag, was a real bugger, but not sure if it is the same for everyone.

Admittedly I do not have "great" teeth to begin with, because I was stupid in high school I didnt take great care with brushing 2 times a day and from that and treatments w/ things like TOBI that stick to your teeth and especially gum lines. I didnt have a dentist until I got to college as well. Now I use fluoride toothpaste and/or ACT mouthrinse or prescribed gels they give me after brushing at night.

As if it yellows, maybe try the white strips? Also if he is only 7 doesnt he have a few more baby teeth to lose?

Good Luck with your son, I am sorry he has to use such potent abx so young.

theLostMiler

Hmm, I never heard anything about what it can do to teeth. I was on Tigicyline from August 09 to beginning of October 09. Never noticed anything with my teeth. My main side effect was nausea, especially after the first dose b/c they double the first day and it took me a while to recover.I actually was on Zofran along w/ the drug, but I was also kinda low in weight and abx affect more when I am lower in weight. The other downfall for me was the mixing bag, was a real bugger, but not sure if it is the same for everyone.

Admittedly I do not have "great" teeth to begin with, because I was stupid in high school I didnt take great care with brushing 2 times a day and from that and treatments w/ things like TOBI that stick to your teeth and especially gum lines. I didnt have a dentist until I got to college as well. Now I use fluoride toothpaste and/or ACT mouthrinse or prescribed gels they give me after brushing at night.

As if it yellows, maybe try the white strips? Also if he is only 7 doesnt he have a few more baby teeth to lose?

theLostMiler

theLostMiler

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />Admittedly I do not have "great" teeth to begin with, because I was stupid in high school I didnt take great care with brushing 2 times a day and from that and treatments w/ things like TOBI that stick to your teeth and especially gum lines. I didnt have a dentist until I got to college as well. Now I use fluoride toothpaste and/or ACT mouthrinse or prescribed gels they give me after brushing at night.
<br />
<br />As if it yellows, maybe try the white strips? Also if he is only 7 doesnt he have a few more baby teeth to lose?
<br />
<br />Good Luck with your son, I am sorry he has to use such potent abx so young.

shea14

For some reason the only risk of tooth problems is in children. He has lost five baby teeth so far and most of them are partially or all the way in.

shea14

For some reason the only risk of tooth problems is in children. He has lost five baby teeth so far and most of them are partially or all the way in.

shea14

shea14

shea14