Has this ever happend

K

kgfrompa

I was taking colisten and thought it was why I was so dizzy but I have not taking it for a while and am getting dizzy should i start with oxgen levels? if any one can give me a direction or feed back I would be grateful thanks so much

K

kgfrompa

I was taking colisten and thought it was why I was so dizzy but I have not taking it for a while and am getting dizzy should i start with oxgen levels? if any one can give me a direction or feed back I would be grateful thanks so much

JustDucky

Definitely get a thorough check up that includes oxygen levels. Are there certain times when the dizziness is worse or is it like that all of the time? I also think of the medication that we use, some of them can affect the balance mechanism of our inner ears, causing dizziness. Especially the aminoglycosides such as Tobramycin, gentamycin, vancomycin etc....I can tell you from personal experience that it can be quite profound...I was on gentamycin IV a year ago, 2 weeks in, I could not get out of bed without falling the dizziness was so bad. I looked like a drunken sailor when I walked, I felt like I was on a ship on rough seas. If you are on any of these meds, it could be the issue as well.
Either way, sounds like you need the doc to take a look at you and possibly run some tests on you.

Jenn 40 w/CF

JustDucky

Definitely get a thorough check up that includes oxygen levels. Are there certain times when the dizziness is worse or is it like that all of the time? I also think of the medication that we use, some of them can affect the balance mechanism of our inner ears, causing dizziness. Especially the aminoglycosides such as Tobramycin, gentamycin, vancomycin etc....I can tell you from personal experience that it can be quite profound...I was on gentamycin IV a year ago, 2 weeks in, I could not get out of bed without falling the dizziness was so bad. I looked like a drunken sailor when I walked, I felt like I was on a ship on rough seas. If you are on any of these meds, it could be the issue as well.
Either way, sounds like you need the doc to take a look at you and possibly run some tests on you.

Jenn 40 w/CF

K

kgfrompa

I love you Guys thank you for your posts I first thought it was the Colisten making me feel so light headed and if i stood up I would have to sit back down ,I am on the Tobi now and still so dizzy my hands and feet our not tinggling (Sorry for the Spelling) but something is so not right so much so that I am going to do a sugar diebetes test and for me to agree to not have a cup of joe in the morning is a real commitement,I dont even talk to my Dog Levi until I have my coffee!!Hahaha,No so I just called my pCD and am going to check my blood pressure and ox levels.But I will keep the thought of Tobi in the cards to I live by myself and can not be so dizzy with out getting to the bottom of this Thank you so much I love that I have others Just like me out there you guys make my day God Bless

K

kgfrompa

I love you Guys thank you for your posts I first thought it was the Colisten making me feel so light headed and if i stood up I would have to sit back down ,I am on the Tobi now and still so dizzy my hands and feet our not tinggling (Sorry for the Spelling) but something is so not right so much so that I am going to do a sugar diebetes test and for me to agree to not have a cup of joe in the morning is a real commitement,I dont even talk to my Dog Levi until I have my coffee!!Hahaha,No so I just called my pCD and am going to check my blood pressure and ox levels.But I will keep the thought of Tobi in the cards to I live by myself and can not be so dizzy with out getting to the bottom of this Thank you so much I love that I have others Just like me out there you guys make my day God Bless

K

kgfrompa

Tested for diabetes and was relieved to find out I dont have .The Doctors are thinking Cdiff Tomorrow i will get results but with the low blood pressure and bathroom goings on I would guess they are looking in the right direction I love Pittsburg and my CF doctors.Just want to update ya all and thanks so much for the feed back

K

kgfrompa

Tested for diabetes and was relieved to find out I dont have .The Doctors are thinking Cdiff Tomorrow i will get results but with the low blood pressure and bathroom goings on I would guess they are looking in the right direction I love Pittsburg and my CF doctors.Just want to update ya all and thanks so much for the feed back

stillkickin

Hi...This may be reaching for you, but meds affect me differently depending on my monthly cycle. There have been studies showing the decrease in hormones make breathing worse. It may be worth it to pay special attention to your body at different times of the month. Colistin is a bear. If you're no longer on it and still dizzy...and the docs tell you it doesn't have a long afterlife in your blood...it must be something else? Hope the CDiff comes back negative and it's something very simple....like hydration? Are you drinking enough fluids? Wishing for good news for you!

stillkickin

Hi...This may be reaching for you, but meds affect me differently depending on my monthly cycle. There have been studies showing the decrease in hormones make breathing worse. It may be worth it to pay special attention to your body at different times of the month. Colistin is a bear. If you're no longer on it and still dizzy...and the docs tell you it doesn't have a long afterlife in your blood...it must be something else? Hope the CDiff comes back negative and it's something very simple....like hydration? Are you drinking enough fluids? Wishing for good news for you!

K

kgfrompa

I am drinking lots of water thanks for the advice,My blood pressure has always been great until the IVs from Dec to the 13 of Jan so waiting for the Cdiff and some answers.I feel so lucky that others can indentify and support me thanks so much

K

kgfrompa

I am drinking lots of water thanks for the advice,My blood pressure has always been great until the IVs from Dec to the 13 of Jan so waiting for the Cdiff and some answers.I feel so lucky that others can indentify and support me thanks so much