Have to choose school for my daughter

Chilemom

this week my DD has to apply to different private school to go next year.
Some are bigs, some are small, some are really challenging, other are more relax.. The thing is that she is well,mean like any other kid, some colds time to time, but in general in good shape... but with cf you never know, so my doubt is what to do?
I think here life its gone a be more difficult so i should start teaching how to respond to that now, or the next minute i think because that give her some relax... or life is full of people so better a big school, but because cf better a smaller school so you can protect here...then i think no matter how big it is with more thant two she will caught a lot of bugs...so don´tknow what to do..
What do you think?, demand here or give her a bit of rest.
Thank you

Chilemom

Some are bigs, some are small, some are really challenging, other are more relax.. The thing is that she is well,mean like any other kid, some colds time to time, but in general in good shape... but with cf you never know, so my doubt is what to do?
I think here life its gone a be more difficult so i should start teaching how to respond to that now, or the next minute i think because that give her some relax... or life is full of people so better a big school, but because cf better a smaller school so you can protect here...then i think no matter how big it is with more thant two she will caught a lot of bugs...so don´tknow what to do..
Thank you

Chilemom

Thank you

Chilemom

Thank you

Chilemom

<br />Some are bigs, some are small, some are really challenging, other are more relax.. The thing is that she is well,mean like any other kid, some colds time to time, but in general in good shape... but with cf you never know, so my doubt is what to do?
<br />I think here life its gone a be more difficult so i should start teaching how to respond to that now, or the next minute i think because that give her some relax... or life is full of people so better a big school, but because cf better a smaller school so you can protect here...then i think no matter how big it is with more thant two she will caught a lot of bugs...so don´tknow what to do..
<br />What do you think?, demand here or give her a bit of rest.
<br />Thank you
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
With any school environment you're going to be dealing with germs; however, I assume classroom size is still going to be the same whereever you go. DS' kindergarten center is 425 students; however, his class consists of 22-24 students.

Does she need enzymes? Who is going to be responsible for giving her that medicine. DS' teacher gives them to him in the classroom. Other schools require students to go to the nurse's office or main office. Some are able to carry medications with them.

Things to consider would be proximity to your home and work. We're fortunate in that schools are only a few minutes away; however, if we put DS on the public school bus he'd have to leave at least an HOUR or so before school starts and we need to spend that time on treatment, breakfast, extra sleep. A friend of mine chose a private school across the street from her office because she lives in another town 10 minutes away and would have similar issues with bus transportation. Plus she wants to be close by if her daughter needs something or the school has a question.

Check out previous posts I and others have made regarding starting school. Lisa Greene's site has examples of letters and information on CF you can provide to the teachers and staff once you do choose a school.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
With any school environment you're going to be dealing with germs; however, I assume classroom size is still going to be the same whereever you go. DS' kindergarten center is 425 students; however, his class consists of 22-24 students.

Does she need enzymes? Who is going to be responsible for giving her that medicine. DS' teacher gives them to him in the classroom. Other schools require students to go to the nurse's office or main office. Some are able to carry medications with them.

Things to consider would be proximity to your home and work. We're fortunate in that schools are only a few minutes away; however, if we put DS on the public school bus he'd have to leave at least an HOUR or so before school starts and we need to spend that time on treatment, breakfast, extra sleep. A friend of mine chose a private school across the street from her office because she lives in another town 10 minutes away and would have similar issues with bus transportation. Plus she wants to be close by if her daughter needs something or the school has a question.

Check out previous posts I and others have made regarding starting school. Lisa Greene's site has examples of letters and information on CF you can provide to the teachers and staff once you do choose a school.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Does she need enzymes? Who is going to be responsible for giving her that medicine. DS' teacher gives them to him in the classroom. Other schools require students to go to the nurse's office or main office. Some are able to carry medications with them.
<br />
<br />Things to consider would be proximity to your home and work. We're fortunate in that schools are only a few minutes away; however, if we put DS on the public school bus he'd have to leave at least an HOUR or so before school starts and we need to spend that time on treatment, breakfast, extra sleep. A friend of mine chose a private school across the street from her office because she lives in another town 10 minutes away and would have similar issues with bus transportation. Plus she wants to be close by if her daughter needs something or the school has a question.
<br />
<br />Check out previous posts I and others have made regarding starting school. Lisa Greene's site has examples of letters and information on CF you can provide to the teachers and staff once you do choose a school.

MaksNana

Hi there,,,,
I went through the same worries. I was very lucky with finding a wonderful first yr of school with Makailyn. There were only 11 kids in the class and it was 3 days a week. They had to cram a lot in ,in 3days to make up for 5days. They were going to try to start 1st grade on but have not been able as of yet. The people were so loving and caring......It is like night and day compared to a public school.
Good luck,,,,,,Karla

MaksNana

Hi there,,,,
I went through the same worries. I was very lucky with finding a wonderful first yr of school with Makailyn. There were only 11 kids in the class and it was 3 days a week. They had to cram a lot in ,in 3days to make up for 5days. They were going to try to start 1st grade on but have not been able as of yet. The people were so loving and caring......It is like night and day compared to a public school.
Good luck,,,,,,Karla

MaksNana

Hi there,,,,
Good luck,,,,,,Karla

MaksNana

Hi there,,,,
Good luck,,,,,,Karla

MaksNana

Hi there,,,,
<br />I went through the same worries. I was very lucky with finding a wonderful first yr of school with Makailyn. There were only 11 kids in the class and it was 3 days a week. They had to cram a lot in ,in 3days to make up for 5days. They were going to try to start 1st grade on but have not been able as of yet. The people were so loving and caring......It is like night and day compared to a public school.
<br />Good luck,,,,,,Karla