Have to get ANOTHER port

Kelli

After my port grew yeast, had the ethanol treatment, it grew yeast again...meaning, that sucker has to come out. It's in my upper right chest (below collar bone 4" or so).

I had a port in my left forearm but it got grabbed all the time when people wanted my attention. So I don't like that spot.

I never minded my port in my chest, easy to hide, easy to access, etc.

So, any suggestions on placement? I'm thinking left chest (kind of same spot, other side). Does anyone have a different placement that they love that I'm not thinking of. I hate to have surgery. I hate to have another scar. So I want to make a really good decision.

Could they stay on the same side but move up or down a bit that way there would be fewer incisions?

Thanks for your help.

Kelli
31 f CF

Kelli

After my port grew yeast, had the ethanol treatment, it grew yeast again...meaning, that sucker has to come out. It's in my upper right chest (below collar bone 4" or so).

I had a port in my left forearm but it got grabbed all the time when people wanted my attention. So I don't like that spot.

So, any suggestions on placement? I'm thinking left chest (kind of same spot, other side). Does anyone have a different placement that they love that I'm not thinking of. I hate to have surgery. I hate to have another scar. So I want to make a really good decision.

Could they stay on the same side but move up or down a bit that way there would be fewer incisions?

Thanks for your help.

Kelli
31 f CF

Kelli

Thanks for your help.

Kelli
31 f CF

Kelli

Thanks for your help.

Kelli
31 f CF

Kelli

<br />
<br />I had a port in my left forearm but it got grabbed all the time when people wanted my attention. So I don't like that spot.
<br />
<br />I never minded my port in my chest, easy to hide, easy to access, etc.
<br />
<br />So, any suggestions on placement? I'm thinking left chest (kind of same spot, other side). Does anyone have a different placement that they love that I'm not thinking of. I hate to have surgery. I hate to have another scar. So I want to make a really good decision.
<br />
<br />Could they stay on the same side but move up or down a bit that way there would be fewer incisions?
<br />
<br />Thanks for your help.
<br />
<br />Kelli
<br />31 f CF

mysterygrl19

Kelli,
I have had my port for almost 6yrs now. I, thankfully, have never had any issues with it. It is on my upper left chest. I love it being there because I can access it and do all the care myself. Having it there has never bothered me, it only shows with tank tops and I only have a small scar. Im sorry you keep having trouble with yours. Good luck!
--Heather 19 w/cf, CFRD

mysterygrl19

Kelli,
I have had my port for almost 6yrs now. I, thankfully, have never had any issues with it. It is on my upper left chest. I love it being there because I can access it and do all the care myself. Having it there has never bothered me, it only shows with tank tops and I only have a small scar. Im sorry you keep having trouble with yours. Good luck!
--Heather 19 w/cf, CFRD

mysterygrl19

Kelli,
--Heather 19 w/cf, CFRD

mysterygrl19

Kelli,
--Heather 19 w/cf, CFRD

mysterygrl19

Kelli,
<br />I have had my port for almost 6yrs now. I, thankfully, have never had any issues with it. It is on my upper left chest. I love it being there because I can access it and do all the care myself. Having it there has never bothered me, it only shows with tank tops and I only have a small scar. Im sorry you keep having trouble with yours. Good luck!
<br />--Heather 19 w/cf, CFRD

krisjohn53223

I have had my port almost 10 years now. It is on the side of my left breast, just below my armpit. I love it!!! I can wear a bikini, my wedding dress, whatever and it's never seen. Even accessed, I can wear tank tops. The only issue is when it's being accessed the nurses always say how wiggly it is. But they still are able to get it first try. Love it!!

krisjohn53223

I have had my port almost 10 years now. It is on the side of my left breast, just below my armpit. I love it!!! I can wear a bikini, my wedding dress, whatever and it's never seen. Even accessed, I can wear tank tops. The only issue is when it's being accessed the nurses always say how wiggly it is. But they still are able to get it first try. Love it!!

krisjohn53223

krisjohn53223

krisjohn53223

krisjohn53223

krisjohn53223

krisjohn53223

krisjohn53223

krisjohn53223