Have you seen a improvement in your FEV1 with Cayston if so how much??

W

windex125

My Cayston med and supplies arrived yest, what the heck there seems to be alot involved to nebulize what did I get myself into, this just seems like way too much.I did not read anything yet, just packed it all away in the neat bag to carry it all, I have to arrange a lesson with my Dr. but I now do 3 treaments a day 3 albuterol 1 pulmozyme, vest 30-45 mins a day as well now to try to fit this in as well? I am freaking out just lookg at the pile of it all.I think I shd of just went on IV's ..... womam 55 CF/MAC/staph/one lung

scanboyd

Finished my 1st month of Cayston about 14 days ago. Not as bad from a time consumption stand point that I thought it would be.

As far as the old Altera Nebulizer, I am using it with Tobi.
I am using 1/2 of the vial of Tobi per neb. rx because of the efficiency of the Altera head. I am going by the article, Guidance on the Use of the eFlow Nebulizers (Altera and Trio Dated April 6, 2010).
This takes about5-6 min.to neb. I time each dose of Tobi, it has run about the same time for each dose. I believe the secret is to clean and wash it imed. and steam sterlize it as least once a day to keep the tiny holes open.

By using the Tobi with the Altera, it could save me a lot of time around 137 hrs. per yr. if it continues as is.

As far as the Cayston, my jury is still out but it seems to me I am not as winded since I started the Cayston. Prior to Cayston, my sats droped to 86-87 (post Cayston consistently at 90)when on the treadmill, 15.5min. mile grade of 4.5 for 2 miles (no O2), I always check sat at the end. Also heart rate while on the treadmill is about 125, prior to Cayston it would run up to 135-140. My Fev1 is 28-29.

Good luck to all with the new drug Cayston, hope it helps us!!

scanboyd

Finished my 1st month of Cayston about 14 days ago. Not as bad from a time consumption stand point that I thought it would be.

As far as the old Altera Nebulizer, I am using it with Tobi.
I am using 1/2 of the vial of Tobi per neb. rx because of the efficiency of the Altera head. I am going by the article, Guidance on the Use of the eFlow Nebulizers (Altera and Trio Dated April 6, 2010).
This takes about5-6 min.to neb. I time each dose of Tobi, it has run about the same time for each dose. I believe the secret is to clean and wash it imed. and steam sterlize it as least once a day to keep the tiny holes open.

By using the Tobi with the Altera, it could save me a lot of time around 137 hrs. per yr. if it continues as is.

As far as the Cayston, my jury is still out but it seems to me I am not as winded since I started the Cayston. Prior to Cayston, my sats droped to 86-87 (post Cayston consistently at 90)when on the treadmill, 15.5min. mile grade of 4.5 for 2 miles (no O2), I always check sat at the end. Also heart rate while on the treadmill is about 125, prior to Cayston it would run up to 135-140. My Fev1 is 28-29.

Good luck to all with the new drug Cayston, hope it helps us!!

scanboyd

<br />
<br />As far as the old Altera Nebulizer, I am using it with Tobi.
<br />I am using 1/2 of the vial of Tobi per neb. rx because of the efficiency of the Altera head. I am going by the article, Guidance on the Use of the eFlow Nebulizers (Altera and Trio Dated April 6, 2010).
<br />This takes about5-6 min.to neb. I time each dose of Tobi, it has run about the same time for each dose. I believe the secret is to clean and wash it imed. and steam sterlize it as least once a day to keep the tiny holes open.
<br />
<br />By using the Tobi with the Altera, it could save me a lot of time around 137 hrs. per yr. if it continues as is.
<br />
<br />As far as the Cayston, my jury is still out but it seems to me I am not as winded since I started the Cayston. Prior to Cayston, my sats droped to 86-87 (post Cayston consistently at 90)when on the treadmill, 15.5min. mile grade of 4.5 for 2 miles (no O2), I always check sat at the end. Also heart rate while on the treadmill is about 125, prior to Cayston it would run up to 135-140. My Fev1 is 28-29.
<br />
<br />Good luck to all with the new drug Cayston, hope it helps us!!

I'm supposed to be getting my Cayston any day now to help get rid of some mucous plugs. I'm a little nervous about starting it but hope to see some real progress.

I appreciate your posting about Cayston and all the responses.

Thanks!

I'm supposed to be getting my Cayston any day now to help get rid of some mucous plugs. I'm a little nervous about starting it but hope to see some real progress.

I appreciate your posting about Cayston and all the responses.

Thanks!

<br />
<br />I appreciate your posting about Cayston and all the responses.
<br />
<br />Thanks!

CFkitty

This might be just anecdotal evidence but I finished my second month of Cayston last week. Within a few days, I started getting very drippy, runny clear sinus discharge. It's been four days of nonstop blowing my nose. Today, after coughing out (from the top of my lungs) a lot of clear mucous, I got some globs brownish-beige mucous out, which worries me. Could Cayston have given me the incredible month of good breathing and no infection I had? I had IVs in October, then another course of meds for MRSA, then went on Cayston.

Has anyone felt better ON Cayston (despite the drama of cleaning it) and worse after a few days off?

CFkitty

This might be just anecdotal evidence but I finished my second month of Cayston last week. Within a few days, I started getting very drippy, runny clear sinus discharge. It's been four days of nonstop blowing my nose. Today, after coughing out (from the top of my lungs) a lot of clear mucous, I got some globs brownish-beige mucous out, which worries me. Could Cayston have given me the incredible month of good breathing and no infection I had? I had IVs in October, then another course of meds for MRSA, then went on Cayston.

Has anyone felt better ON Cayston (despite the drama of cleaning it) and worse after a few days off?

CFkitty

<br />
<br />Has anyone felt better ON Cayston (despite the drama of cleaning it) and worse after a few days off?

FitForCF

I've only been on it for about 45 days now. I have a clinic visit this Tues, so I guess I'll find out if there is any improvement.

WINDEX125; as far as it being a lot of stuff to think about, it's really not that bad. I thought I same thing when I first opened it, but once you get into a general routine, it's easy. It only takes a fraction of the time of a regular neb too.

Good luck

FitForCF

I've only been on it for about 45 days now. I have a clinic visit this Tues, so I guess I'll find out if there is any improvement.

WINDEX125; as far as it being a lot of stuff to think about, it's really not that bad. I thought I same thing when I first opened it, but once you get into a general routine, it's easy. It only takes a fraction of the time of a regular neb too.

Good luck

FitForCF

<br />
<br />WINDEX125; as far as it being a lot of stuff to think about, it's really not that bad. I thought I same thing when I first opened it, but once you get into a general routine, it's easy. It only takes a fraction of the time of a regular neb too.
<br />
<br />Good luck