havent been on in a while....

westonsmom

O.k. I don't know if I can help, but I will try. First, Weston has a G tube and when he was first born he was on TPN and lipids for months in the hospital. Is Zoey on anything through her G tube? Or just the TPN/Lipids? I am assuming that she must be on something through the G tube if she is throwing up? I don't know how old Zoey is, but Weston was having a huge problem gaining weight when he was on G tube feeds because of the formula they were using. He went to Elecare after months of headaches for us! Elecare is completely broken down and has no milk product. They thought he may have had an allergy to milk and that is why the other formula wasn't working.

As far as support...Is there anyone near you who would help? I know it is hard to ask but you need to find someone to help you out. You need to keep yourself sane and happy. I would ask the social worker at your CF clinic about other programs you are eligible for. Every state has a different program for medically complex children to help with medical benefits. I know in RI it is called the Katie Beckett Law. Ask about something like this.

I wish I could help more. Does your husband have partial custody at all? You need a break. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I will pray for you to get much needed support!

westonsmom

O.k. I don't know if I can help, but I will try. First, Weston has a G tube and when he was first born he was on TPN and lipids for months in the hospital. Is Zoey on anything through her G tube? Or just the TPN/Lipids? I am assuming that she must be on something through the G tube if she is throwing up? I don't know how old Zoey is, but Weston was having a huge problem gaining weight when he was on G tube feeds because of the formula they were using. He went to Elecare after months of headaches for us! Elecare is completely broken down and has no milk product. They thought he may have had an allergy to milk and that is why the other formula wasn't working.

As far as support...Is there anyone near you who would help? I know it is hard to ask but you need to find someone to help you out. You need to keep yourself sane and happy. I would ask the social worker at your CF clinic about other programs you are eligible for. Every state has a different program for medically complex children to help with medical benefits. I know in RI it is called the Katie Beckett Law. Ask about something like this.

I wish I could help more. Does your husband have partial custody at all? You need a break. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I will pray for you to get much needed support!

mousesmom

Sarah , I'm so sorry that you're going through such a tough time. I'm also a single parent with no child support, and was really afraid in the beginning as I did'nt think I could cope alone and was too proud to ask for help. Then first of all I realised that being alone made no difference as I carried all the reponsiblity before and I also found that there are so many people who are happy to help if you just ask.

As Zoey's is not well at the moment will the not admit her in order to get her stabilised? This would give you a break and time to make plans for the future.

I will be praying very hard for both of you

mousesmom

Sarah , I'm so sorry that you're going through such a tough time. I'm also a single parent with no child support, and was really afraid in the beginning as I did'nt think I could cope alone and was too proud to ask for help. Then first of all I realised that being alone made no difference as I carried all the reponsiblity before and I also found that there are so many people who are happy to help if you just ask.

As Zoey's is not well at the moment will the not admit her in order to get her stabilised? This would give you a break and time to make plans for the future.

mousesmom

Samsmom

Sarah, I wish I had magic words for you that would make it all better. Just know that at times like these you are not alone, we are all here for you and God is always here too. I don't know the specifics about you situation, but if I were you I would start by talking to the cf docs. about what services you might qualify for to help with the cf expenses. Maybe apply for food stamps, TANF, anything you can think of. Don't give up even though the burdens are heavy. There is help out there, you just have to find it. Best of luck to you and I will be watching for a follow up post saying how you are doing.

Samsmom

Sarah, I wish I had magic words for you that would make it all better. Just know that at times like these you are not alone, we are all here for you and God is always here too. I don't know the specifics about you situation, but if I were you I would start by talking to the cf docs. about what services you might qualify for to help with the cf expenses. Maybe apply for food stamps, TANF, anything you can think of. Don't give up even though the burdens are heavy. There is help out there, you just have to find it. Best of luck to you and I will be watching for a follow up post saying how you are doing.

Samsmom

DEES4

Sarah,
I know that at my church when people come in and need help the church will give them grocery store gift certficates and things like that depending on the need. Even it they do not attend church there. Maybe if you do attend church you could ask your church body for some immediate relief. If you do not attend church go to one and just ask. I know that would be hard but I would hope they would be ready and willing to help you out.
You should also talk to the social worker at Zoey's cf clinic.
I know that asking for help is a hard thing to do and we (moms) try to handle it all. But you do need a break for your own sake. I will keep you and your baby in my prayers. I will be praying that God will send some help and relief your way and that your baby's health improves.
Carrie

DEES4

Sarah,
I know that at my church when people come in and need help the church will give them grocery store gift certficates and things like that depending on the need. Even it they do not attend church there. Maybe if you do attend church you could ask your church body for some immediate relief. If you do not attend church go to one and just ask. I know that would be hard but I would hope they would be ready and willing to help you out.
I know that asking for help is a hard thing to do and we (moms) try to handle it all. But you do need a break for your own sake. I will keep you and your baby in my prayers. I will be praying that God will send some help and relief your way and that your baby's health improves.
Carrie

DEES4

Sarah,
Carrie