Having a hard time...

JenDiS

I am having a really hard time not placing the blame for me having CF on my parents.

Lately all i've been doing is coughing and thinking and I am finding it more and more hard everyday not to have extreme anger towards my parents. I am still living with them until my fiance and I can move out.

Anyone else feel this way? I would try and talk to them calmly but they aren't the type to understand why I feel this way and my dad would just tell me to suck it up and I feel that this is much more harder to suck up.

Any advice would be great.

JenDiS

I am having a really hard time not placing the blame for me having CF on my parents.

Lately all i've been doing is coughing and thinking and I am finding it more and more hard everyday not to have extreme anger towards my parents. I am still living with them until my fiance and I can move out.

Anyone else feel this way? I would try and talk to them calmly but they aren't the type to understand why I feel this way and my dad would just tell me to suck it up and I feel that this is much more harder to suck up.

JenDiS

JenDiS

JenDiS

<br />
<br />Lately all i've been doing is coughing and thinking and I am finding it more and more hard everyday not to have extreme anger towards my parents. I am still living with them until my fiance and I can move out.
<br />
<br />Anyone else feel this way? I would try and talk to them calmly but they aren't the type to understand why I feel this way and my dad would just tell me to suck it up and I feel that this is much more harder to suck up.
<br />
<br />Any advice would be great.

JazzysMom

I would think it depends on the circumstances. Did they know they were carriers & took the risk? Did they understand what CF entailed if they did?

I, for one, dont blame my parents. Granted they didnt know & had no history etc to even suspect it. BUT I have NEVER felt resentment or anger regarding my actually having CF. I honestly dont think I would be angry even if they did know. I do/did get angry that they didnt push me to be more compliant after my diagnosis. At the same time I understand why they didnt.....Mom wanted me to enjoy life no matter how short it would be.

NOW back to you......I think some days you can suck it up easier then others. It might be easy for them to say so if they dont understand the emotional & physical ramifications.

Although I have compassion for you....I cant see blaming them even if they did know they were carriers. IMHO they just happen to be the recipients of your anger for the fight you fight each & every day! Being angry at them wont change the facts of the present. You cant rewind the clock.

I am sorry if this is upsetting to you in any way!

JazzysMom

I would think it depends on the circumstances. Did they know they were carriers & took the risk? Did they understand what CF entailed if they did?

I, for one, dont blame my parents. Granted they didnt know & had no history etc to even suspect it. BUT I have NEVER felt resentment or anger regarding my actually having CF. I honestly dont think I would be angry even if they did know. I do/did get angry that they didnt push me to be more compliant after my diagnosis. At the same time I understand why they didnt.....Mom wanted me to enjoy life no matter how short it would be.

NOW back to you......I think some days you can suck it up easier then others. It might be easy for them to say so if they dont understand the emotional & physical ramifications.

Although I have compassion for you....I cant see blaming them even if they did know they were carriers. IMHO they just happen to be the recipients of your anger for the fight you fight each & every day! Being angry at them wont change the facts of the present. You cant rewind the clock.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I, for one, dont blame my parents. Granted they didnt know & had no history etc to even suspect it. BUT I have NEVER felt resentment or anger regarding my actually having CF. I honestly dont think I would be angry even if they did know. I do/did get angry that they didnt push me to be more compliant after my diagnosis. At the same time I understand why they didnt.....Mom wanted me to enjoy life no matter how short it would be.
<br />
<br />NOW back to you......I think some days you can suck it up easier then others. It might be easy for them to say so if they dont understand the emotional & physical ramifications.
<br />
<br />Although I have compassion for you....I cant see blaming them even if they did know they were carriers. IMHO they just happen to be the recipients of your anger for the fight you fight each & every day! Being angry at them wont change the facts of the present. You cant rewind the clock.
<br />
<br />I am sorry if this is upsetting to you in any way!

KayCee1234

I just read your post here and I am saddened by it. I don't have CF, but I do have a host of Auto-immune disorders that there are no cures for as of yet. I come from a family of 8 children and two of us were unfortunate to have this wonderful nightmare called Lupus among other auto-immune disorders. These problems have been ruled to be inherrited and most of them are comming from my mothers side of the family and some from my fathers side as well. My sister out blatantly blamed my mother and I saw my mother cry her eyes out. It was so wrong. I think that it is very wrong to blame your parents for your situation in life. I am sure that they did not intend that you would be born with CF and be sick anymore then did my parents. Blaming them and resenting them is not going to change your situation at all. Just try to live the best that you can and thank them for bringing you into the world. I hope that you do not get angered by my post, but I think that since you can not change the past move on with your life and get over it.

Hugs,
K

KayCee1234

I just read your post here and I am saddened by it. I don't have CF, but I do have a host of Auto-immune disorders that there are no cures for as of yet. I come from a family of 8 children and two of us were unfortunate to have this wonderful nightmare called Lupus among other auto-immune disorders. These problems have been ruled to be inherrited and most of them are comming from my mothers side of the family and some from my fathers side as well. My sister out blatantly blamed my mother and I saw my mother cry her eyes out. It was so wrong. I think that it is very wrong to blame your parents for your situation in life. I am sure that they did not intend that you would be born with CF and be sick anymore then did my parents. Blaming them and resenting them is not going to change your situation at all. Just try to live the best that you can and thank them for bringing you into the world. I hope that you do not get angered by my post, but I think that since you can not change the past move on with your life and get over it.

Hugs,
K

KayCee1234

Hugs,
K

KayCee1234

Hugs,
K

KayCee1234

<br />
<br />Hugs,
<br />K