Having a hard time...

fondreflections

Hi Jen,

I DO blame my parents sometimes, and I have the best parents in the world. I was the first-born so there wasn't any family history or anything. However, they played Russian Roulette a second time and had my sister, who also has CF.

Her thoughts and feelings are much more intense than mine. She holds much more resentment towards them and called them, "morons", for having her while knowing the odds. Her resentment and anger has also effected her in other areas of her life.

I DO blame them from time to time. I can't help it. I know that they had no idea with me, but I honestly can't even begin to imagine how I would feel if I were in my sister's shoes.

On a side note, my husband and I DID NOT want to chance repeating the cycle when we decided to try and conceive our own child. We did genetic testing to rule out the possibility of a CF baby. IF he was a carrier, we weren't even going to try. We (moreso I) didn't want to watch another life suffer with CF. So I don't share the views of chancing it...Those are just my views on the issue...

However, it does sound like you have lousy parents too which is the last thing a CFer needs. I remember being in the hospital and seeing some of the parents that CFers had...It really saddened me...Maybe they need to "grow up". You have a right to feel the way you do!!! Maybe if they ACTUALLY LISTENED TO YOU, YOU WOULD FEEL LIKE YOU COULD RESOLVE SOME OF YOUR FEELINGS. THEIR ATTITUDE IS HALF THE PROBLEM!!! MAYBE THEY NEED TO "GROW UP"!!!

Sorry but their attitude really ticks me off!!! I read your thread the first day you posted it, but I had a hard time responding with 2 little kids running around.

fondreflections

Hi Jen,

I DO blame my parents sometimes, and I have the best parents in the world. I was the first-born so there wasn't any family history or anything. However, they played Russian Roulette a second time and had my sister, who also has CF.

Her thoughts and feelings are much more intense than mine. She holds much more resentment towards them and called them, "morons", for having her while knowing the odds. Her resentment and anger has also effected her in other areas of her life.

I DO blame them from time to time. I can't help it. I know that they had no idea with me, but I honestly can't even begin to imagine how I would feel if I were in my sister's shoes.

On a side note, my husband and I DID NOT want to chance repeating the cycle when we decided to try and conceive our own child. We did genetic testing to rule out the possibility of a CF baby. IF he was a carrier, we weren't even going to try. We (moreso I) didn't want to watch another life suffer with CF. So I don't share the views of chancing it...Those are just my views on the issue...

However, it does sound like you have lousy parents too which is the last thing a CFer needs. I remember being in the hospital and seeing some of the parents that CFers had...It really saddened me...Maybe they need to "grow up". You have a right to feel the way you do!!! Maybe if they ACTUALLY LISTENED TO YOU, YOU WOULD FEEL LIKE YOU COULD RESOLVE SOME OF YOUR FEELINGS. THEIR ATTITUDE IS HALF THE PROBLEM!!! MAYBE THEY NEED TO "GROW UP"!!!

Sorry but their attitude really ticks me off!!! I read your thread the first day you posted it, but I had a hard time responding with 2 little kids running around.

fondreflections

Hi Jen,

fondreflections

Hi Jen,

fondreflections

Hi Jen,
<br />
<br />I DO blame my parents sometimes, and I have the best parents in the world. I was the first-born so there wasn't any family history or anything. However, they played Russian Roulette a second time and had my sister, who also has CF.
<br />
<br />Her thoughts and feelings are much more intense than mine. She holds much more resentment towards them and called them, "morons", for having her while knowing the odds. Her resentment and anger has also effected her in other areas of her life.
<br />
<br />I DO blame them from time to time. I can't help it. I know that they had no idea with me, but I honestly can't even begin to imagine how I would feel if I were in my sister's shoes.
<br />
<br />On a side note, my husband and I DID NOT want to chance repeating the cycle when we decided to try and conceive our own child. We did genetic testing to rule out the possibility of a CF baby. IF he was a carrier, we weren't even going to try. We (moreso I) didn't want to watch another life suffer with CF. So I don't share the views of chancing it...Those are just my views on the issue...
<br />
<br />However, it does sound like you have lousy parents too which is the last thing a CFer needs. I remember being in the hospital and seeing some of the parents that CFers had...It really saddened me...Maybe they need to "grow up". You have a right to feel the way you do!!! Maybe if they ACTUALLY LISTENED TO YOU, YOU WOULD FEEL LIKE YOU COULD RESOLVE SOME OF YOUR FEELINGS. THEIR ATTITUDE IS HALF THE PROBLEM!!! MAYBE THEY NEED TO "GROW UP"!!!
<br />
<br />Sorry but their attitude really ticks me off!!! I read your thread the first day you posted it, but I had a hard time responding with 2 little kids running around.
<br />