Having more children

H

hopesiris

A healthy sibling might be helpful to your daughter in the future when you are older.

H

hopesiris

A healthy sibling might be helpful to your daughter in the future when you are older.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

A

AnnaMac

We are in exactly the same situation. We have a 20 month old with CF and went through very similar discussions about what the second one might feel having a "sick" sibling, being the "spare" to the "heir", and the great measures we went through to prevent a 2nd with CF. We have since concluded after a year of talks, that both children may have issues and baggage and questions and troubles, but the heart of it is they will also have each other. My husband and I value our siblings so much ESPECIALLY while going through all this drama with CF. We want our daughter to have as "normal" a life as she can. And to us that means siblings. She deserves it and so do we. This stupid disease has taken enough from us, you know? We are starting IVF in summer. Good luck with your choice.

A

AnnaMac

We are in exactly the same situation. We have a 20 month old with CF and went through very similar discussions about what the second one might feel having a "sick" sibling, being the "spare" to the "heir", and the great measures we went through to prevent a 2nd with CF. We have since concluded after a year of talks, that both children may have issues and baggage and questions and troubles, but the heart of it is they will also have each other. My husband and I value our siblings so much ESPECIALLY while going through all this drama with CF. We want our daughter to have as "normal" a life as she can. And to us that means siblings. She deserves it and so do we. This stupid disease has taken enough from us, you know? We are starting IVF in summer. Good luck with your choice.

A

AnnaMac

A

AnnaMac

A

AnnaMac

Sheridan

We went down that road but were unsuccessful. We ended up getting pregant naturally and now we have 2 kids both with CF. Having another CF child is not much different to having 1, we do their meds at the same time. It probably helps that there is a 7.5 year age gap and the our first child had CF so it was the normal thing to do giving meds with meals and physio every night.

I am not saying don't do the PGD or anything like that i am just putting it out there that it does not work for everyone.

Sheridan

We went down that road but were unsuccessful. We ended up getting pregant naturally and now we have 2 kids both with CF. Having another CF child is not much different to having 1, we do their meds at the same time. It probably helps that there is a 7.5 year age gap and the our first child had CF so it was the normal thing to do giving meds with meals and physio every night.

I am not saying don't do the PGD or anything like that i am just putting it out there that it does not work for everyone.

Sheridan

Sheridan

Sheridan

<br />
<br />I am not saying don't do the PGD or anything like that i am just putting it out there that it does not work for everyone.