He Did it but he has pneumonia

bmombtoo

Well he did make the trip and stay the whole time. When he got back last Friday his peak flows were a little low. On Friday I called the CF clinic and the decision was to continue the bactrim for an additional two weeks and call in four days if he didn't seem better. My Tuesday night and Wednesday he was doing peak flows at 200 with a alot of coughing. I called the clinic and was told to bring him in (had to get him from school early) so they could determine if he needed more time on the antiobiotic or just what. The just what turned out to be crackling in the left lower lobes and bases. So he is now on Avelox for pneumonia.

I actually thought I was over reacting and just not giving it enough time. I need to trust my instincts a little more but that comes from another long story about my deceassed husband telling me I was crazy when ever the kids were sick.

bmombtoo

Well he did make the trip and stay the whole time. When he got back last Friday his peak flows were a little low. On Friday I called the CF clinic and the decision was to continue the bactrim for an additional two weeks and call in four days if he didn't seem better. My Tuesday night and Wednesday he was doing peak flows at 200 with a alot of coughing. I called the clinic and was told to bring him in (had to get him from school early) so they could determine if he needed more time on the antiobiotic or just what. The just what turned out to be crackling in the left lower lobes and bases. So he is now on Avelox for pneumonia.

I actually thought I was over reacting and just not giving it enough time. I need to trust my instincts a little more but that comes from another long story about my deceassed husband telling me I was crazy when ever the kids were sick.

bmombtoo

kayleesgrandma

Dolline, I just saw this, I'm sorry Josh is sick now. Yes, it is easy to let others make us think we don't know what we are talking about--my ex did that to me all the time. You have the mothers instincts, ans you were right. Good job, and you did things right. It is so hard to know when to "go" into the doctors , or "call" the doctors. That's what I hate about this disease--it is so hard to know what to do, and when to do it. At least Josh had a good time, I'm glad for that--cf didn't rob him of that!

kayleesgrandma

Dolline, I just saw this, I'm sorry Josh is sick now. Yes, it is easy to let others make us think we don't know what we are talking about--my ex did that to me all the time. You have the mothers instincts, ans you were right. Good job, and you did things right. It is so hard to know when to "go" into the doctors , or "call" the doctors. That's what I hate about this disease--it is so hard to know what to do, and when to do it. At least Josh had a good time, I'm glad for that--cf didn't rob him of that!

kayleesgrandma

M

Mommafirst

I'm sooo sorry to hear he has pneumonia now!! And I wanted to say to always trust your mommy instict -- it is amazingly accurate most of the time!! I hope he feels better very very soon!!

M

Mommafirst

I'm sooo sorry to hear he has pneumonia now!! And I wanted to say to always trust your mommy instict -- it is amazingly accurate most of the time!! I hope he feels better very very soon!!

M

Mommafirst