Health Ins.

pnhuffman

Does anyone out there have two insurances? We have just been informed that Austin has Anthem ins. through his birth father. He has always been on Ohio medicaid and he also has BCMH.

How do you deal with the different ins. paying.

I was informed today that Anthem is his primary and Ohio medicaid is secondary. And Anthem is fighting paying for anything CF related since it is a pre-existing condition. And that clause will not be lifted til June 2010.

And that Medicaid is secondary so they want Anthem to pay not them.

pnhuffman

Does anyone out there have two insurances? We have just been informed that Austin has Anthem ins. through his birth father. He has always been on Ohio medicaid and he also has BCMH.

I was informed today that Anthem is his primary and Ohio medicaid is secondary. And Anthem is fighting paying for anything CF related since it is a pre-existing condition. And that clause will not be lifted til June 2010.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

<br />
<br />How do you deal with the different ins. paying.
<br />
<br />I was informed today that Anthem is his primary and Ohio medicaid is secondary. And Anthem is fighting paying for anything CF related since it is a pre-existing condition. And that clause will not be lifted til June 2010.
<br />
<br />And that Medicaid is secondary so they want Anthem to pay not them.

ReneeP

It's a very frustrating experience... I can certainly relate. My girls also have BCBS and Medicaid... I worked for BCBS for several years as well so that helps me deal with it.

It is true that the private insurance has to process the claim first before Medicaid will...however, they don't actually have to pay it. The dr will bill the primary insurance first and then once it is denied due to a pre-existing condition, the dr can submit it on to Medicaid along with the statement from the primary insurance denying it and then Medicaid will pay it. It take more patience to deal with it that way, but it ultimately works...

If you have any other questions let me know... You can also e-mail me at capicorngirltx@yahoo.com ... I'll get that much quicker.

Good luck...

ReneeP

It's a very frustrating experience... I can certainly relate. My girls also have BCBS and Medicaid... I worked for BCBS for several years as well so that helps me deal with it.

It is true that the private insurance has to process the claim first before Medicaid will...however, they don't actually have to pay it. The dr will bill the primary insurance first and then once it is denied due to a pre-existing condition, the dr can submit it on to Medicaid along with the statement from the primary insurance denying it and then Medicaid will pay it. It take more patience to deal with it that way, but it ultimately works...

If you have any other questions let me know... You can also e-mail me at capicorngirltx@yahoo.com ... I'll get that much quicker.

Good luck...

ReneeP

Good luck...

ReneeP

Good luck...

ReneeP

<br />
<br />It is true that the private insurance has to process the claim first before Medicaid will...however, they don't actually have to pay it. The dr will bill the primary insurance first and then once it is denied due to a pre-existing condition, the dr can submit it on to Medicaid along with the statement from the primary insurance denying it and then Medicaid will pay it. It take more patience to deal with it that way, but it ultimately works...
<br />
<br />If you have any other questions let me know... You can also e-mail me at capicorngirltx@yahoo.com ... I'll get that much quicker.
<br />
<br />Good luck...

Buckeye

I had looked into having a secondary policy for my son, both would have been private insurance though and it was mind boggling trying to figure out how the whole coordination of benefits worked. There was no real benefit for us to have the two insurances since once we meet the out-of-pocket max (normally by April-May) on the one insurance they pay at 100%. It's not like the secondary insurance picks up co-pays of the first insurance anyhow.I am assuming that Austin had Medicaid because his birth father didn't have insurance at the time. They aren't thinking of taking away his Medicaid now that his birth father is supplying insurance are they?

Buckeye

I had looked into having a secondary policy for my son, both would have been private insurance though and it was mind boggling trying to figure out how the whole coordination of benefits worked. There was no real benefit for us to have the two insurances since once we meet the out-of-pocket max (normally by April-May) on the one insurance they pay at 100%. It's not like the secondary insurance picks up co-pays of the first insurance anyhow.I am assuming that Austin had Medicaid because his birth father didn't have insurance at the time. They aren't thinking of taking away his Medicaid now that his birth father is supplying insurance are they?

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

I had looked into having a secondary policy for my son, both would have been private insurance though and it was mind boggling trying to figure out how the whole coordination of benefits worked. There was no real benefit for us to have the two insurances since once we meet the out-of-pocket max (normally by April-May) on the one insurance they pay at 100%. It's not like the secondary insurance picks up co-pays of the first insurance anyhow.<p>I am assuming that Austin had Medicaid because his birth father didn't have insurance at the time. They aren't thinking of taking away his Medicaid now that his birth father is supplying insurance are they?

saveferris2009

Paula,

Simply show Medicaid BCMH's denial of claim and medicaid will pay.

Secondary insurance simply needs a proof that the claim has been processed by the primary insurance.

I have had 2 insurances for 7 years... i promise you'll eventually get the hang of it

saveferris2009

Paula,

Secondary insurance simply needs a proof that the claim has been processed by the primary insurance.

I have had 2 insurances for 7 years... i promise you'll eventually get the hang of it

saveferris2009

Paula,

saveferris2009

Paula,

saveferris2009

Paula,
<br />
<br />Simply show Medicaid BCMH's denial of claim and medicaid will pay.
<br />
<br />Secondary insurance simply needs a proof that the claim has been processed by the primary insurance.
<br />
<br />I have had 2 insurances for 7 years... i promise you'll eventually get the hang of it