Height Question

yellowitchgrl

*Edited* We got the results back from the sweat test from Hopkins and they were normal. From here we've ruled everything out "medically" that could keep him from growing so we're going to see a fantastic (and highly recc) homeopathic doctor.

Good luck everyone and thank you for your support and answers!

We're waiting on a sweat test at Hopkins but in the mean time our ped sent us to see an endocrinologist who said he doesn't think anything is wrong with our 16 month old who's about 20lbs.

He did say, however, that the first place we got the sweat test done is totally incompetent so his score of 39 could be thrown out the window.

I'm looking for reality but maybe a ray of hope. I'm sure you all understand that. Luke is off the charts skinny, but he's 50th% for height and head. He eats like nobody's business and all, but we cloth diaper so I dump his poops and they sink.

My question is this- is his height being "normal" a sign in our favor or not all that relevant for a CF diagnosis? Were your kids short as well as being skinny?

yellowitchgrl

*Edited* We got the results back from the sweat test from Hopkins and they were normal. From here we've ruled everything out "medically" that could keep him from growing so we're going to see a fantastic (and highly recc) homeopathic doctor.

We're waiting on a sweat test at Hopkins but in the mean time our ped sent us to see an endocrinologist who said he doesn't think anything is wrong with our 16 month old who's about 20lbs.

He did say, however, that the first place we got the sweat test done is totally incompetent so his score of 39 could be thrown out the window.

I'm looking for reality but maybe a ray of hope. I'm sure you all understand that. Luke is off the charts skinny, but he's 50th% for height and head. He eats like nobody's business and all, but we cloth diaper so I dump his poops and they sink.

My question is this- is his height being "normal" a sign in our favor or not all that relevant for a CF diagnosis? Were your kids short as well as being skinny?

yellowitchgrl

yellowitchgrl

yellowitchgrl

<br />
<br />Good luck everyone and thank you for your support and answers!
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />We're waiting on a sweat test at Hopkins but in the mean time our ped sent us to see an endocrinologist who said he doesn't think anything is wrong with our 16 month old who's about 20lbs.
<br />
<br />He did say, however, that the first place we got the sweat test done is totally incompetent so his score of 39 could be thrown out the window.
<br />
<br />I'm looking for reality but maybe a ray of hope. I'm sure you all understand that. Luke is off the charts skinny, but he's 50th% for height and head. He eats like nobody's business and all, but we cloth diaper so I dump his poops and they sink.
<br />
<br />My question is this- is his height being "normal" a sign in our favor or not all that relevant for a CF diagnosis? Were your kids short as well as being skinny?

M

Mommafirst

I don't really think that lacking any one symptom can really remove the possibility of CF. As far as height goes, its really more about BMI (how the height and weight correlate). The higher your height and the lower your weight, the lower your BMI will be -- since you will be thinner.

I hope that its not CF and I hope you get a clear definitive answer to end all this misery that comes with trying to get answers.

M

Mommafirst

I don't really think that lacking any one symptom can really remove the possibility of CF. As far as height goes, its really more about BMI (how the height and weight correlate). The higher your height and the lower your weight, the lower your BMI will be -- since you will be thinner.

I hope that its not CF and I hope you get a clear definitive answer to end all this misery that comes with trying to get answers.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />I hope that its not CF and I hope you get a clear definitive answer to end all this misery that comes with trying to get answers.

crickit715

just a bit of info...i went to school with a man with cf who also goes to hopkins and he is over 7 feet tall...i think he is the tallest in the world with cf! but he wasnt diagnosed until he was 19 and he was always tall and skinny as a kid.

crickit715

just a bit of info...i went to school with a man with cf who also goes to hopkins and he is over 7 feet tall...i think he is the tallest in the world with cf! but he wasnt diagnosed until he was 19 and he was always tall and skinny as a kid.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715