Hello everyone

saveferris2009

Right, I understand that you don't have the most common mutations. I got that part.

But knowing which genes you have, no matter how complicated the process, is important because you may be able to take medications that could really help your CF based on the mutations you have. These are CF mutation specific medications (they don't work for everyone with CF... only those with certain drugs).

saveferris2009

Right, I understand that you don't have the most common mutations. I got that part.

But knowing which genes you have, no matter how complicated the process, is important because you may be able to take medications that could really help your CF based on the mutations you have. These are CF mutation specific medications (they don't work for everyone with CF... only those with certain drugs).

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />But knowing which genes you have, no matter how complicated the process, is important because you may be able to take medications that could really help your CF based on the mutations you have. These are CF mutation specific medications (they don't work for everyone with CF... only those with certain drugs).

just1more

Aside to Amy: I know there are several treatments being studied that are mutation specific with varying success. To your knowledge, are there any APPROVED treatments that are limited/targeted to a single mutation?

just1more

Aside to Amy: I know there are several treatments being studied that are mutation specific with varying success. To your knowledge, are there any APPROVED treatments that are limited/targeted to a single mutation?

just1more

just1more

just1more

saveferris2009

nope there aren't.

but there are clinical trials going on all over the world (including portugal).... and it's likely at least 1 out of the 3 drugs that's in the pipeline will be approved (but I could be wrong).

in 2009 i personally think it makes no sense to NOT know your CF mutations (unless, of course, they haven't been identified...then of course you don't have the option). maybe that's just me....

saveferris2009

nope there aren't.

but there are clinical trials going on all over the world (including portugal).... and it's likely at least 1 out of the 3 drugs that's in the pipeline will be approved (but I could be wrong).

in 2009 i personally think it makes no sense to NOT know your CF mutations (unless, of course, they haven't been identified...then of course you don't have the option). maybe that's just me....

saveferris2009

nope there aren't.

saveferris2009

nope there aren't.

saveferris2009

nope there aren't.
<br />
<br />but there are clinical trials going on all over the world (including portugal).... and it's likely at least 1 out of the 3 drugs that's in the pipeline will be approved (but I could be wrong).
<br />
<br />in 2009 i personally think it makes no sense to NOT know your CF mutations (unless, of course, they haven't been identified...then of course you don't have the option). maybe that's just me....