Hello I am new to this forum... hoping someone can help me.

Shellee

hello I am new to this forum/site. Am wondering if anyone could help me and give me some info on this. My son, 3yrs old, has already had several pneumonia's, 3 sinus surgeries, and greesy or gummy stools, he has also been diagnosed with severe asthma, and hyperimmunoglobin Syndrome. Today his genetic workup came back as : c.1408A>G; p.Met470Val (two copies) could someone please help me with info.

thanks so much for your help, I truly love this forum thus far.

I am not sure at all what this can mean or have to do with CF.

Beccamom

Hi welcome to the forum. To look up CF genetics look up CFTR2 at Hopkins. This has updated genetic information. I do know the M470v is a polymorphism and not thought to be disease causing in and of itself. Do you know the variants a combination of two between 5 T, 7T, and 9 T or two of the same? Do you know how many genes were tested for? Did your child have a sweat test at an approved CF center listed on the www.cff.org website? Best wishes.

hello I am new to this forum/site. Am wondering if anyone could help me and give me some info on this. My son, 3yrs old, has already had several pneumonia's, 3 sinus surgeries, and greesy or gummy stools, he has also been diagnosed with severe asthma, and hyperimmunoglobin Syndrome. Today his genetic workup came back as : c.1408A>G; p.Met470Val (two copies) could someone please help me with info.

thanks so much for your help, I truly love this forum thus far.

I am not sure at all what this can mean or have to do with CF.

Shellee

Hi Beccamom,
No I do not know of any of the variants, I had tried looking his genetic stuff up on Hopkins and didn't see it. Yes he had a sweat test that came back neg. but it wasn't at a cf clinic... thanks for all your help.