HELLO MY DAUGHTER GETS RESULTS TOMORROW

dyza

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>KELB</b></i>

HI JANE IM GLAD IV FOUND THIS SITE AS IV BEEN BOTTELING IT ALL UP ALL WEEK.. ITS TOMORROW I FIND OUT AND IM JUST DREADING THE WAY THEY ARE GOING TO TELL ME I REALLY DONT WANT TO GO!!! HOW ARE YOUR KIDS NOW?? DO THEY DO ALL THE NORMAL THINGS LIKE RUNNING AROUND??? MY DAUGHTER IS FINE!! AND DO PPL WITH CF HAVE TO EAT SPECIAL FOODS???? THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME!!</end quote></div>

dyza

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>KELB</b></i>

.. ITS TOMORROW I FIND OUT AND IM JUST DREADING THE WAY THEY ARE GOING TO TELL ME I REALLY DONT WANT TO GO!!!

we were told over the phone to come up to the hospital, it was tottaly out of the blue, we found out because of the 'guthrie test', here in Scotland CF was included in 2003 in the guthrie test [heel prick].Where in the UK are you?...heres hoping for you..Craig

KELB

HELLO!! IM SOOOO HAPPY MY DAUGHTERS RESULTS WERE CLEAR!!!!! IM SO HAPPY ITS LIKE THE WORLD HAS LIFTED OFF MY SHOULDERS!!! IM STILL GONNA COME ON HERE THOUGH AS IV MET SOME GREAT PEOPLE!!!! I LIVE IN BIRMINGHAM!!!!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Kellie,

It is such good news!!!! What a relief for you.

Do visit us time to time.

Jane

anonymous

It is wonderful news that your daughter tested neg with the sweat test but I also hope that a genetic test was performed to rule out CF. There are number of us, myself included, who tested neg with the sweat test but have CF. There are genetic tests now that test for 1300 mutations. It would be wise to have your daughter tested. I wish you and your daughter all the best.

julie

I too am very glad that the results came back negative for your little one. Although I do agree with the last poster. A number of people pass the sweat test with normal levels, but are later found to have 2 CF mutations. There are some tests that only find the 25-89 most common mutations, and others (2 companies here in the US) that test for the 1200+ known mutations. If your insurance coverage authorizes it, I would encourage you to have a genetic test too. CF is a very complicated, but TRICKY condition to diagnose.

Either way, I'd still love to see you around here just to say hi. Many times we talk about non-CF things, actually, we all do a lot so feel free to join in!

anonymous

I know this is hard but My daughter was diagnosed at age two! I was so scared, but now she is twelve years old and is sometimes the healthyest kid at clinic! My daughter has good lungs and the only problem is her stomache. Once in a while she gets big stomach aches but other wise she just takes some pills and she is good to go. All you need to do is tell her every thing is fine! The only thing that will bring her down are unhelpful parents.