Help Gaining Weight

ehtansky21

My son is 4 years old and was drinking 1/2 cup half and half mixed with 1/2 cup whole milk since being 1 year old and really was not gaining weight well with that. The nutritionist said, that that drink was most likely lacking in some nutrients and in fact depleting his system of some nutrients. They tried to put him on Nutren Jr, which is very high in sugar, smells so terribly sweet and is pretty thick. This is what I have been doing for the past couple months.....
3/4 cup Lowfat organic Kefir milk (best price is at sunflower market)
3/4 cup Organic Coconut Milk (best price at Whole Foods)
1 1/2 cup Naked Juice (I make it myself now, because it is just too expensive, it is better anyway, because it is not pasteurized and the nutrietns are not lost)....1/2 cup organic berries, 1/4 cup organic banana, 2/3 cup apple juice
1 heaping scoop of whey protein powder (best price at vitacost.com)
1 1/2 teaspoon organic olive oil from italy

I also give him additional multi-vitamins, to make up for whatever good stuff is in the Nutren Jr.

I hope this helps. I did figure out a chocolate version if that sounds better.

God Bless,
missa

ehtansky21

My son is 4 years old and was drinking 1/2 cup half and half mixed with 1/2 cup whole milk since being 1 year old and really was not gaining weight well with that. The nutritionist said, that that drink was most likely lacking in some nutrients and in fact depleting his system of some nutrients. They tried to put him on Nutren Jr, which is very high in sugar, smells so terribly sweet and is pretty thick. This is what I have been doing for the past couple months.....
1 1/2 cup Naked Juice (I make it myself now, because it is just too expensive, it is better anyway, because it is not pasteurized and the nutrietns are not lost)....1/2 cup organic berries, 1/4 cup organic banana, 2/3 cup apple juice

I also give him additional multi-vitamins, to make up for whatever good stuff is in the Nutren Jr.

God Bless,
missa

ehtansky21

God Bless,
missa

ehtansky21

God Bless,
missa

ehtansky21

<br /> 3/4 cup Lowfat organic Kefir milk (best price is at sunflower market)
<br /> 3/4 cup Organic Coconut Milk (best price at Whole Foods)
<br /> 1 1/2 cup Naked Juice (I make it myself now, because it is just too expensive, it is better anyway, because it is not pasteurized and the nutrietns are not lost)....1/2 cup organic berries, 1/4 cup organic banana, 2/3 cup apple juice
<br /> 1 heaping scoop of whey protein powder (best price at vitacost.com)
<br /> 1 1/2 teaspoon organic olive oil from italy
<br />
<br />I also give him additional multi-vitamins, to make up for whatever good stuff is in the Nutren Jr.
<br />
<br />I hope this helps. I did figure out a chocolate version if that sounds better.
<br />
<br />God Bless,
<br />missa

KKHmom

Hi! My son has been drinking a new organic nutritional beverage called PediaSmart. It is comparable to PediaSure, but he loves the taste and its organic. I understand the company has a special needs discount too. Check it out: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.naturesone.com/pediasmart.php">http://www.naturesone.com/pediasmart.php</a>

KKHmom

Hi! My son has been drinking a new organic nutritional beverage called PediaSmart. It is comparable to PediaSure, but he loves the taste and its organic. I understand the company has a special needs discount too. Check it out: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.naturesone.com/pediasmart.php">http://www.naturesone.com/pediasmart.php</a>

KKHmom

KKHmom

KKHmom

katlynnsmom

hello..I have a 9 yr.old /cf..she has had past *eight problems(sorry,in hospital at this time...laptop here has a problem *ith the keys...bare *ith me...But she has a g-tube and gets night feeds of 600ml of Pulmocare...something like pediasure..but for those *ith lung problems.The dr. put her on periactin(generic name,cyproheptadine)it is for different things,but one is to improve her appetite.It has helped..she is still small for her age but her *eight has improved.Plus she is a very picky eatter.There are only a fe* things she *ill eat.You may *ant to check on that...goodluck!

katlynnsmom

hello..I have a 9 yr.old /cf..she has had past *eight problems(sorry,in hospital at this time...laptop here has a problem *ith the keys...bare *ith me...But she has a g-tube and gets night feeds of 600ml of Pulmocare...something like pediasure..but for those *ith lung problems.The dr. put her on periactin(generic name,cyproheptadine)it is for different things,but one is to improve her appetite.It has helped..she is still small for her age but her *eight has improved.Plus she is a very picky eatter.There are only a fe* things she *ill eat.You may *ant to check on that...goodluck!

katlynnsmom

katlynnsmom

katlynnsmom

katlynnsmom

hello again...forgot to mention.Cut back on the sugars..thought that my daughter *as going to get bad ne*s on sugar test.Even though her father is a diabetic..she *as tested normal ...even for CF related diabeties..relief.And also I found out her bone density *as a little belo* normal.Found out those *ith cf do not absorb vitamin d *ell. So the more vitamin d and calcium they get the better..But I thought *ith all the vitamins and pulmocare she gets *as good.Al*ays another mountain to climb....

katlynnsmom

hello again...forgot to mention.Cut back on the sugars..thought that my daughter *as going to get bad ne*s on sugar test.Even though her father is a diabetic..she *as tested normal ...even for CF related diabeties..relief.And also I found out her bone density *as a little belo* normal.Found out those *ith cf do not absorb vitamin d *ell. So the more vitamin d and calcium they get the better..But I thought *ith all the vitamins and pulmocare she gets *as good.Al*ays another mountain to climb....

katlynnsmom

katlynnsmom

katlynnsmom