HELP ME PLEASE

bananagirl

Ok so I have been on insulin for like two months now and I still can't give myself the shots. I go to do it and then i like freak out and i just can't do it. Does anyone have any ideas that worked for them on how to get over the fear of giving themselves a shot.

bananagirl

Ok so I have been on insulin for like two months now and I still can't give myself the shots. I go to do it and then i like freak out and i just can't do it. Does anyone have any ideas that worked for them on how to get over the fear of giving themselves a shot.

bananagirl

bananagirl

bananagirl

saveferris2009

I've been giving myself allergy shots since I was 18 - I wanted so desperately to have good health so I just did it.

To this day, I get very close to passing out when I get a blood test or they insert a PICC line.

But I've gotten better at the shots. You have to just do it. The consequences are horrible if you don't...

Take care

saveferris2009

I've been giving myself allergy shots since I was 18 - I wanted so desperately to have good health so I just did it.

To this day, I get very close to passing out when I get a blood test or they insert a PICC line.

But I've gotten better at the shots. You have to just do it. The consequences are horrible if you don't...

Take care

saveferris2009

Take care

saveferris2009

Take care

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />To this day, I get very close to passing out when I get a blood test or they insert a PICC line.
<br />
<br />But I've gotten better at the shots. You have to just do it. The consequences are horrible if you don't...
<br />
<br />Take care

lrbloms

Have you checked into an insulin pump? The have inserters that automatically put the needle in. I only needs changed every 3-4 days. I love mine and it is easier to control your sugars.

lrbloms

Have you checked into an insulin pump? The have inserters that automatically put the needle in. I only needs changed every 3-4 days. I love mine and it is easier to control your sugars.

lrbloms

lrbloms

lrbloms

arche4life

Hey Anna,

I totally know what you are going through. For the first month after I was diagnosed with diabetes I was totally frozen when I tried to give myself a shot. Ask your doctor about a little plastic divise which gives the shot for you (I'm not sure what it's called but I'll do some research) but it's this little plastic gun looking thing, where you load the needle and press a button and a spring shoots the needle into your skin. You don't see it go in, and you hardly feel it, you just have to press a button. Like I said I'm not sure what it's called but I'll do some research for you, it totally saved me!!

arche4life

Hey Anna,

I totally know what you are going through. For the first month after I was diagnosed with diabetes I was totally frozen when I tried to give myself a shot. Ask your doctor about a little plastic divise which gives the shot for you (I'm not sure what it's called but I'll do some research) but it's this little plastic gun looking thing, where you load the needle and press a button and a spring shoots the needle into your skin. You don't see it go in, and you hardly feel it, you just have to press a button. Like I said I'm not sure what it's called but I'll do some research for you, it totally saved me!!

arche4life

Hey Anna,

arche4life

Hey Anna,

arche4life

Hey Anna,
<br />
<br />I totally know what you are going through. For the first month after I was diagnosed with diabetes I was totally frozen when I tried to give myself a shot. Ask your doctor about a little plastic divise which gives the shot for you (I'm not sure what it's called but I'll do some research) but it's this little plastic gun looking thing, where you load the needle and press a button and a spring shoots the needle into your skin. You don't see it go in, and you hardly feel it, you just have to press a button. Like I said I'm not sure what it's called but I'll do some research for you, it totally saved me!!