HELP ME PLEASE

arche4life

Hey Anna,

here is what I was talking about. It's called inject-ease. It made my life much much easier and I believe it's covered by insurance.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_06_310.htm
">http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_06_310.htm
</a>
good luck

Annie
23 w/ CF and CFRD, FEV1 = 17%

arche4life

Hey Anna,

here is what I was talking about. It's called inject-ease. It made my life much much easier and I believe it's covered by insurance.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_06_310.htm
</a>
good luck

Annie

arche4life

Hey Anna,

</a>
good luck

Annie

arche4life

Hey Anna,

</a>
good luck

Annie

arche4life

Hey Anna,
<br />
<br />here is what I was talking about. It's called inject-ease. It made my life much much easier and I believe it's covered by insurance.
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_06_310.htm
</a><br />
<br />good luck
<br />
<br />Annie
<br />23 w/ CF and CFRD, FEV1 = 17%

marisalynn

I don't have diabetes, and therefore don't have to take insulin, but in nursing school we had to give subq injections to ourselves so that we would know how it feels. I was so embarrassed because when I injected the needle into my stomach, I actually said, "Ouch!" pretty loud in front of my instructor, as if I didn't know it was coming. It is one of those things that freaks you out at first, but after a couple of times, I bet you would get used to it. I think it would be a good idea to try the insulin pen, but if that is not a possibility, maybe practice injecting some fruit or something, just to get the feel of it, and gradually try to work up to injecting yourself. Good luck!
Marisa RN, 22 w/CF

marisalynn

I don't have diabetes, and therefore don't have to take insulin, but in nursing school we had to give subq injections to ourselves so that we would know how it feels. I was so embarrassed because when I injected the needle into my stomach, I actually said, "Ouch!" pretty loud in front of my instructor, as if I didn't know it was coming. It is one of those things that freaks you out at first, but after a couple of times, I bet you would get used to it. I think it would be a good idea to try the insulin pen, but if that is not a possibility, maybe practice injecting some fruit or something, just to get the feel of it, and gradually try to work up to injecting yourself. Good luck!
Marisa RN, 22 w/CF

marisalynn

Marisa RN, 22 w/CF

marisalynn

Marisa RN, 22 w/CF

marisalynn

<br />Marisa RN, 22 w/CF

maddie256

Hey!!
I have been doing it for about 5 years now, and I still hate it every single time. I would rather have someone else do it then to do it myself, but when I have to do it, it take me like 5 mins I go SUPER slow.
I tried the self injecting ones but those just scared me so I prefer to have my brother do it, I even taught my bf and he doesn't mind it!! Yah!

If anything just hang in there and maybe you will try again on your own and realize it isn't that bad- or just stick around someone who is willing to help you out..... we all need a little help in life and especially since it is still new I don't blame you at all.

Also i think it depends on where you do it too- some places are more tender then others

Good Luck!!

maddie256

Hey!!
I have been doing it for about 5 years now, and I still hate it every single time. I would rather have someone else do it then to do it myself, but when I have to do it, it take me like 5 mins I go SUPER slow.
I tried the self injecting ones but those just scared me so I prefer to have my brother do it, I even taught my bf and he doesn't mind it!! Yah!

If anything just hang in there and maybe you will try again on your own and realize it isn't that bad- or just stick around someone who is willing to help you out..... we all need a little help in life and especially since it is still new I don't blame you at all.

Also i think it depends on where you do it too- some places are more tender then others

Good Luck!!

maddie256

Hey!!

Good Luck!!

maddie256

Hey!!

Good Luck!!

maddie256

Hey!!
<br />I have been doing it for about 5 years now, and I still hate it every single time. I would rather have someone else do it then to do it myself, but when I have to do it, it take me like 5 mins I go SUPER slow.
<br />I tried the self injecting ones but those just scared me so I prefer to have my brother do it, I even taught my bf and he doesn't mind it!! Yah!
<br />
<br />If anything just hang in there and maybe you will try again on your own and realize it isn't that bad- or just stick around someone who is willing to help you out..... we all need a little help in life and especially since it is still new I don't blame you at all.
<br />
<br />Also i think it depends on where you do it too- some places are more tender then others
<br />
<br />Good Luck!!

Liza

Hi Anna. Are you having to use and syringe or do you have a pen? If it is a syringe, ask your docs if you can use a pen instead? I think it may be a bit easier. I know they offer a pen for Lantus and for Levimer but I don't know what other insulins offer a pen. You can also get humolog in a pen as well. Also, ask for the smallest needle to go with the pens my girls use the BD Ultra Fine III mini pen needles 31G, they are as short as you can get. I believe it's a purple box and is considered a pediatric needle or for thin people. I think it may be a teeny bit easier than having to stick yourself with a syringe needle as it is way shorter (3/16).

Liza

Hi Anna. Are you having to use and syringe or do you have a pen? If it is a syringe, ask your docs if you can use a pen instead? I think it may be a bit easier. I know they offer a pen for Lantus and for Levimer but I don't know what other insulins offer a pen. You can also get humolog in a pen as well. Also, ask for the smallest needle to go with the pens my girls use the BD Ultra Fine III mini pen needles 31G, they are as short as you can get. I believe it's a purple box and is considered a pediatric needle or for thin people. I think it may be a teeny bit easier than having to stick yourself with a syringe needle as it is way shorter (3/16).

Liza

Liza

Liza

<br />
<br />