HELP ME SAVE A CFer!! NEED INFO and ADVICE

anonymous

Hi. I am 21/m/soCal and I am just starting some research into CF. Ive known a girl for about five months and little by little I am learning more. She and her siblings all have CF. Her brother is 19 and getting very sick, but a sister is 20 and doing very well. I have no idea exactly how my friend is health-wise, but about a month ago her boyfriend died of a bad drug interaction and she's taking it badly, to say the least. She is also dwelling heavily on her expected lifespan and getting very depressed. At this point I am her shoulder to cry on and a leg to stand on. I want to know anything and everything I can do to help, because her outlook is worrying me very badly. I am friends with her and her best friend, and both were very close to the boy who died. Neither of them is in a good state, and if something happens to one, the other will follow after immediately. To save one, I must save them both, but I want to do that anyway. Both of them feel responsible for what happened and I am having difficulty keeping their heads above water, so to speak.Emotionally, regarding the death of the one they both deeply loved, I will do the best I can for them.Emotionally and physically, regarding my friend with CF, please tell me anything and everything I can do.I need help, because she needs help I dont know how to give.As far as her health... she's got a mild cough, she smokes, doesnt take meds, and gets no exercise.I'm not sure if she's trying to kill herself faster, or just doesnt know what it takes to extend her life...or doesnt have enough hope to give effort.-------------------------------Dave in Southern CaliforniaWith a bleeding heart and friends in needPlease email responses to Boredomfiend@yahoo.combecause ive never been here before and might not findmy way back here again.