Help me understand??

saveferris2009

Heather I agree completely.

I also think it's irresponsible for a doctor to forecast how these drugs will work when no controlled studies have been done.

Theories are fine, but definitive talk no matter who you are, can be very misleading.

saveferris2009

I also think it's irresponsible for a doctor to forecast how these drugs will work when no controlled studies have been done.

Theories are fine, but definitive talk no matter who you are, can be very misleading.

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />I also think it's irresponsible for a doctor to forecast how these drugs will work when no controlled studies have been done.
<br />
<br />Theories are fine, but definitive talk no matter who you are, can be very misleading.

jbrandonAW

Also you have to remember that these drugs are only treating certain mutations, so you may only be treating 1/2 your mutation thus you will still need to do the same CF stuff for the other 1/2 of mutations (if that made any sense)

jbrandonAW

Also you have to remember that these drugs are only treating certain mutations, so you may only be treating 1/2 your mutation thus you will still need to do the same CF stuff for the other 1/2 of mutations (if that made any sense)

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

kitomd21

IF these drugs work, you only need to have one "treatable" mutation - in essence, you would become a CF carrier.

Example...if you are heterozygous delta 508 (i.e., you carry 508 and any of the other 1000+ mutations), VX-809 could potentially treat 508, thus making you a CF carrier. It wouldn't matter what your other mutation is.....

kitomd21

IF these drugs work, you only need to have one "treatable" mutation - in essence, you would become a CF carrier.

Example...if you are heterozygous delta 508 (i.e., you carry 508 and any of the other 1000+ mutations), VX-809 could potentially treat 508, thus making you a CF carrier. It wouldn't matter what your other mutation is.....

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

<br />
<br />Example...if you are heterozygous delta 508 (i.e., you carry 508 and any of the other 1000+ mutations), VX-809 could potentially treat 508, thus making you a CF carrier. It wouldn't matter what your other mutation is.....

bet10

Very interesting, is there any estimated timelines of when either of these drugs will be put into practice? I am new to all of this so am a little behind the latest information.. still just getting my head around the now....

bet10

Very interesting, is there any estimated timelines of when either of these drugs will be put into practice? I am new to all of this so am a little behind the latest information.. still just getting my head around the now....

bet10

bet10

bet10