HELP: Pro Neb Ultra 2 dies.......again

mom2lillian

Long story short the pro neb ultra 2 which I think I got 2-3 years ago has a 5 year warranty and is a complete POS. It does great for a while and then one day I will notice I am running late on breathing treatments and the residual looks more 'foamy' then I will suddenly notice it is takign WAY longer than it should. I can get it replaced for free through my DME but since this is I think my 4th one that is not my point anymore. I am more worried about the time it is working 'sub-optimally' that I am not noticiing.

Two questions:

#1 the DME company is also fed up with them and is not carrying them, they replaced it with inspiration elite which I have not yet been able to tell is equivalent or approved for TOBI and the like. Does anyone know or has anyone used it they said they have only been carrying them for 4 months so have no feedback yet on durability etc.

#2 I am thinking of paying which I am sure will be 100% out of pocket for a mobilaire I have heard great things and I like the fact that I can SEE what PSI etc its at. I am not in market for e-flow right now and this seems like next best thing. I have not done research on this in a long time so any and all info or opinions would be great.

THANKS

oh and check your compressors to make sure they are working properly and not boat anchors in the making!

mom2lillian

Long story short the pro neb ultra 2 which I think I got 2-3 years ago has a 5 year warranty and is a complete POS. It does great for a while and then one day I will notice I am running late on breathing treatments and the residual looks more 'foamy' then I will suddenly notice it is takign WAY longer than it should. I can get it replaced for free through my DME but since this is I think my 4th one that is not my point anymore. I am more worried about the time it is working 'sub-optimally' that I am not noticiing.

Two questions:

#1 the DME company is also fed up with them and is not carrying them, they replaced it with inspiration elite which I have not yet been able to tell is equivalent or approved for TOBI and the like. Does anyone know or has anyone used it they said they have only been carrying them for 4 months so have no feedback yet on durability etc.

#2 I am thinking of paying which I am sure will be 100% out of pocket for a mobilaire I have heard great things and I like the fact that I can SEE what PSI etc its at. I am not in market for e-flow right now and this seems like next best thing. I have not done research on this in a long time so any and all info or opinions would be great.

THANKS

oh and check your compressors to make sure they are working properly and not boat anchors in the making!

mom2lillian

Two questions:

THANKS

mom2lillian

Two questions:

THANKS

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />Two questions:
<br />
<br />#1 the DME company is also fed up with them and is not carrying them, they replaced it with inspiration elite which I have not yet been able to tell is equivalent or approved for TOBI and the like. Does anyone know or has anyone used it they said they have only been carrying them for 4 months so have no feedback yet on durability etc.
<br />
<br />#2 I am thinking of paying which I am sure will be 100% out of pocket for a mobilaire I have heard great things and I like the fact that I can SEE what PSI etc its at. I am not in market for e-flow right now and this seems like next best thing. I have not done research on this in a long time so any and all info or opinions would be great.
<br />
<br />THANKS
<br />
<br />oh and check your compressors to make sure they are working properly and not boat anchors in the making!

musclemania70

You are absolutely right. I just had my PRONEB Ultra II replaced for the 3rd time in 4 years. Within a year it will just stop pushing out the meds. I don't know what the problem is but it is a terrible machine. I agree. You are not the only one. And I wash my nebs after every use and change the tubing and the filter so I know its not me.

musclemania70

You are absolutely right. I just had my PRONEB Ultra II replaced for the 3rd time in 4 years. Within a year it will just stop pushing out the meds. I don't know what the problem is but it is a terrible machine. I agree. You are not the only one. And I wash my nebs after every use and change the tubing and the filter so I know its not me.

musclemania70

musclemania70

musclemania70

M

Mommafirst

We've had the invacare mobilaire for almost a year now. I love the adjusting psi knob and its cut down my daughter's treatment time a good deal from the crappy one we had before. If you get a letter from your respiratory therapist indicating that this is the best choice for your meds (pulmozyme is only approved on like three machines total), you may get insurance to cover it or part of it. Its worth the cost, in my opinion. Its superior to the other machines I've seen -- but not exactly portable.

M

Mommafirst

We've had the invacare mobilaire for almost a year now. I love the adjusting psi knob and its cut down my daughter's treatment time a good deal from the crappy one we had before. If you get a letter from your respiratory therapist indicating that this is the best choice for your meds (pulmozyme is only approved on like three machines total), you may get insurance to cover it or part of it. Its worth the cost, in my opinion. Its superior to the other machines I've seen -- but not exactly portable.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We got both a devilbiss pulmoaid and pari proneb ultra. The devilbiss I've had to replace every two years -- have to go thru my DME and wait 3 weeks for a replacement.

With the pari, it also lasted about two years, but I contacted Pari, they gave me a mailing address and order number. I shipped it to New Jersey directly and in less than two weeks I had a replacement. But it's still a pain in the butt dealing with either company. This last time the spare for our bedroom was a 16 year old devilbiss that a cousin gave us that works like a dream, but is a friggen beast to travel with.

I've thought about the mobilaire, but I like the compactness of the pari, being able to hide it under our end table and travel with it.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We got both a devilbiss pulmoaid and pari proneb ultra. The devilbiss I've had to replace every two years -- have to go thru my DME and wait 3 weeks for a replacement.

With the pari, it also lasted about two years, but I contacted Pari, they gave me a mailing address and order number. I shipped it to New Jersey directly and in less than two weeks I had a replacement. But it's still a pain in the butt dealing with either company. This last time the spare for our bedroom was a 16 year old devilbiss that a cousin gave us that works like a dream, but is a friggen beast to travel with.

I've thought about the mobilaire, but I like the compactness of the pari, being able to hide it under our end table and travel with it.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />With the pari, it also lasted about two years, but I contacted Pari, they gave me a mailing address and order number. I shipped it to New Jersey directly and in less than two weeks I had a replacement. But it's still a pain in the butt dealing with either company. This last time the spare for our bedroom was a 16 year old devilbiss that a cousin gave us that works like a dream, but is a friggen beast to travel with.
<br />
<br />I've thought about the mobilaire, but I like the compactness of the pari, being able to hide it under our end table and travel with it.