Help regarding filling out Medicaid/Medicare form?

carly23

So ok I recieved my renewal form for the medicaid/medicare eligibility...Its asks me first like what all the bills in the house are who pays them etc.

Now I think when I filled this out before I was living in an apartment so my SSDI check was spent how I needed it for the bills as I know once your living on your own you spend it how you need to but living at home with parents your check is supposed to be given to your parents...this is what I was always told maybe its wrong as I do know its based off your work history.

So my question is since im living at home with my dad now and like i said ive been told my check is to go to my dad as that is my share on bills (What the SSI office told me) if i put that my check goes to my dad that obviosly leaves me with nothing..so would they now look at it like well its up to your dad to pay for your costs?Or would I still continue to receive the help...

im very confused and need lots of answers as I only have till March 7TH to return form or else il be denied.

carly23

So ok I recieved my renewal form for the medicaid/medicare eligibility...Its asks me first like what all the bills in the house are who pays them etc.

Now I think when I filled this out before I was living in an apartment so my SSDI check was spent how I needed it for the bills as I know once your living on your own you spend it how you need to but living at home with parents your check is supposed to be given to your parents...this is what I was always told maybe its wrong as I do know its based off your work history.

So my question is since im living at home with my dad now and like i said ive been told my check is to go to my dad as that is my share on bills (What the SSI office told me) if i put that my check goes to my dad that obviosly leaves me with nothing..so would they now look at it like well its up to your dad to pay for your costs?Or would I still continue to receive the help...

im very confused and need lots of answers as I only have till March 7TH to return form or else il be denied.

carly23

<br />
<br />Now I think when I filled this out before I was living in an apartment so my SSDI check was spent how I needed it for the bills as I know once your living on your own you spend it how you need to but living at home with parents your check is supposed to be given to your parents...this is what I was always told maybe its wrong as I do know its based off your work history.
<br />
<br />So my question is since im living at home with my dad now and like i said ive been told my check is to go to my dad as that is my share on bills (What the SSI office told me) if i put that my check goes to my dad that obviosly leaves me with nothing..so would they now look at it like well its up to your dad to pay for your costs?Or would I still continue to receive the help...
<br />
<br />im very confused and need lots of answers as I only have till March 7TH to return form or else il be denied.

Purplelungz

I live in texas too and this is what they told me when I moved back in with my parents. Now I receive SSI, not SSDI.

They wanted a list of all the bills and a cost of them all. The form had, electric, water, gas..estimated cost of food, rent/mortgage. They then take those amount and divide the bills by however many people are in the house. I think only the adults. That final amount is how they determine if I was paying my fair share. Meaning, they wanted to know how much I contributed to the bills. If I wasn't paying what they thought was a "fair share", my amount of SSI could decrease, because it would be looked at as my parents helping me with money..basically giving me money. Since SSI is income based. I do not know what they consider a fair share though.

I told them the amount I pay in rent to help with monthly bills, and that I pay for my own food since my diet requires extra calories. And I do. The amount I pay a month isn't that bad considering I still get insurance and there are no large bills I have to pay on my own. So maybe look at it that way. If you have to give your dad 1/3 of your check towards bills, at least its less than if you were on your own, and he can always help you out if you need.

Now just keep in mind, my experience is with SSI, not SSDI...so I don't know how different the two are. Like I said in your other thread, I would think with SSDI it would make no difference since its work history.

Purplelungz

I live in texas too and this is what they told me when I moved back in with my parents. Now I receive SSI, not SSDI.

They wanted a list of all the bills and a cost of them all. The form had, electric, water, gas..estimated cost of food, rent/mortgage. They then take those amount and divide the bills by however many people are in the house. I think only the adults. That final amount is how they determine if I was paying my fair share. Meaning, they wanted to know how much I contributed to the bills. If I wasn't paying what they thought was a "fair share", my amount of SSI could decrease, because it would be looked at as my parents helping me with money..basically giving me money. Since SSI is income based. I do not know what they consider a fair share though.

I told them the amount I pay in rent to help with monthly bills, and that I pay for my own food since my diet requires extra calories. And I do. The amount I pay a month isn't that bad considering I still get insurance and there are no large bills I have to pay on my own. So maybe look at it that way. If you have to give your dad 1/3 of your check towards bills, at least its less than if you were on your own, and he can always help you out if you need.

Now just keep in mind, my experience is with SSI, not SSDI...so I don't know how different the two are. Like I said in your other thread, I would think with SSDI it would make no difference since its work history.

Purplelungz

<br />
<br />They wanted a list of all the bills and a cost of them all. The form had, electric, water, gas..estimated cost of food, rent/mortgage. They then take those amount and divide the bills by however many people are in the house. I think only the adults. That final amount is how they determine if I was paying my fair share. Meaning, they wanted to know how much I contributed to the bills. If I wasn't paying what they thought was a "fair share", my amount of SSI could decrease, because it would be looked at as my parents helping me with money..basically giving me money. Since SSI is income based. I do not know what they consider a fair share though.
<br />
<br />I told them the amount I pay in rent to help with monthly bills, and that I pay for my own food since my diet requires extra calories. And I do. The amount I pay a month isn't that bad considering I still get insurance and there are no large bills I have to pay on my own. So maybe look at it that way. If you have to give your dad 1/3 of your check towards bills, at least its less than if you were on your own, and he can always help you out if you need.
<br />
<br />Now just keep in mind, my experience is with SSI, not SSDI...so I don't know how different the two are. Like I said in your other thread, I would think with SSDI it would make no difference since its work history.