help with colistin

rose23

just wondering how cfers out there mix their colistin so that it does not foam, and also what kind of neb cup people use...

rose23

just wondering how cfers out there mix their colistin so that it does not foam, and also what kind of neb cup people use...

rose23

rose23

rose23

thelizardqueen

When I used to do colistin, I used to premix a few vials and store them in the frig. That way the didn't foam. But I'm allergic to colistin now, so I don't take it anymore.

thelizardqueen

When I used to do colistin, I used to premix a few vials and store them in the frig. That way the didn't foam. But I'm allergic to colistin now, so I don't take it anymore.

thelizardqueen

thelizardqueen

thelizardqueen

Marjolein

Before my tx when i still had Colistine I would put the saline in with the powder very gently, didn't push the syringe hard at all. Then i wouldn't shake it but somwhat swirl it, gently but not that gently. Just enough that it would mix well but that it wouldn't foam.
It worked well. Or when it would foam i would leave it for 15 minutes (but no longer) before i would neb it.

I used used a <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.romedic.nl/ventstream.htm">Ventstream</a> as neb cup

Marjolein

Before my tx when i still had Colistine I would put the saline in with the powder very gently, didn't push the syringe hard at all. Then i wouldn't shake it but somwhat swirl it, gently but not that gently. Just enough that it would mix well but that it wouldn't foam.
It worked well. Or when it would foam i would leave it for 15 minutes (but no longer) before i would neb it.

I used used a <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.romedic.nl/ventstream.htm">Ventstream</a> as neb cup

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

Landy

I used those nebulizer cups that you use for a week or two & then throw out. They are the ones that can't be boiled. I wish I could remember a brand name for you, but it's been awhile since I did Colistin.

Landy

I used those nebulizer cups that you use for a week or two & then throw out. They are the ones that can't be boiled. I wish I could remember a brand name for you, but it's been awhile since I did Colistin.

Landy

Landy

Landy