Help...YELLOW eyes!!

Vampy

recently ive noticed the whites of my eyes are turning yellow and the red is not so red and are really pale. Ive been getting really bad headaches above my eyes and in my temples..i dont know what i should do..call docs or what..?? help!

Vampy

whats jaundice? Rory (fiance) said it might be something with my liver..it turns ya yellow but mostly starts with your eyes. my eyesite keeps getting really really bluring whenever im doing something. could that be part of it?

thelizardqueen

Jaundice is yellow eyes and/or skin. Its usually caused by too many red blood cells retiring, by the liver being overloaded or damaged, or by the inability to move processed bilirubin from the liver through the biliary tract to the gut. It arises for many reasons, including blood incompatibilities, blood diseases, genetic syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, bile duct blockage, other liver diseases, infections, or medications. The term also applies to physiologic jaundice exaggerated by dehydration.

Edited to add: you should make an appointment with your doctor to get this checked out.

Vampy

*gulp* ill call when i get home in like five minutes *shivers*
thanks for the help hun. Need all the help i can get

thelizardqueen

No prob. I'm not saying that this is what you have, but I guess better to be safe then sorry when it comes to your health you know.

fugikitten2087

Go to the dr. My freind Dana had that befor her liver failed her. It could be your liver or gallbladder. As a medical care provider I can tell you that is something not to take lightlly. Please go tot he dr. And let us know how it goes.

Rose

JennifersHope

Gallstones can cause you to be jaundice as well. You can get the bile ducts clogged up which can give you jaundice as well.

You should for sure get it checked out.

Jennifer

anonymous

99% sure it sounds like something to do with the liver. Liz's theory sounds like the best. I would deffinatley get it checked out.

Keeep us posted.

julie

I agree Jaundice, gallstones or possibly (but the other two are most likely in your situation) hepatitis.

thelizardqueen

Jaundice is a symptom of gallstones, hepatitis or liver problems. You wouldn't just have yellow skin and/or eyes without any other underlaying problem.

Vampy

I havnt found a ride yet and my eyes are still affecting me i still go crossed when i do something and i havnt got ride of those headaches what should i do use a ambulance or something

thelizardqueen

If I were you, and your vision is starting to be affected, if you can't get a ride or call a cab, I would call an ambulance. Its one thing to have the yellow eyes, and headaches, but if you can't even see clearly, I would go to your local emerg.

Vampy

i know totally off subject but my fiance is same age as you (answer future questions he dont have a car and im not at home lol) but im trying to get a ride from my friend

Diane

Geeeeeeeezzzzz after reading all this i hope she is ok. I'll even throw a prayer in for her that it turns out ok. I'll keep checking for an update